Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: One plastic lug bolt cover.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Cuda911
WTB: One plastic lug bolt cover.

One fell off somewhere. Anyone got a spare they don't want? Or know where to find one? Maybe I should get a couple spares.

Just the black plastic lug bolt cover is all I need, not the bolt.

Thanks!
914Sixer
What is your address ?
Cuda911
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 14 2014, 05:02 AM) *

What is your address ?

PM sent. Thanks, Mark!

Hey all, some of the other ones fit on fairly loosely. Any suggestions of a way to make them stick on better so I don't lose more? Maybe some rubber cement or similar very light type of temporary adhesive?
STL914
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Jul 14 2014, 08:34 AM) *

What is your address ?

PM sent. Thanks, Mark!

Hey all, some of the other ones fit on fairly loosely. Any suggestions of a way to make them stick on better so I don't lose more? Maybe some rubber cement of similar very light type of temporary adhesive?

Just put a dab of grease inside the cover, that should hold it on to the lug bolt.
Cuda911
QUOTE(STL914 @ Jul 14 2014, 04:25 PM) *

QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Jul 14 2014, 08:34 AM) *

What is your address ?

PM sent. Thanks, Mark!

Hey all, some of the other ones fit on fairly loosely. Any suggestions of a way to make them stick on better so I don't lose more? Maybe some rubber cement of similar very light type of temporary adhesive?

Just put a dab of grease inside the cover, that should hold it on to the lug bolt.

Thanks for the tip, Gary. I ordered a set of 9 of the little buggers from Mark, so now I have plenty of spares. I'll grease 'em so that hopefully they stay in place.
orthobiz
They are technically only for the steelies, not the Mahles or Fuchs wheels.

Paul
914Sixer
9 new ones on the way.
Cuda911
Thanks, Mark!

Yeah, Paul, I know that the bolt covers are for technically only for my old steelies, but the bolts I bought for the Mahle's are black and a bit scratched. So, I could just paint those (or strip 'em, they should be silver), but I like the looks of the bolt covers with my silver/black scheme for this car. It's my only non-stock mod! smile.gif
orthobiz
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Jul 15 2014, 05:15 PM) *

Thanks, Mark!

Yeah, Paul, I know that the bolt covers are for technically only for my old steelies, but the bolts I bought for the Mahle's are black and a bit scratched. So, I could just paint those (or strip 'em, they should be silver), but I like the looks of the bolt covers with my silver/black scheme for this car. It's my only non-stock mod! smile.gif

A little complicated as the alloy lug has some greenish cadmium layer or something when they get glitches. It's not a simple silver painting. I like the plastic covers also.

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.