Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Studs rather than bolts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cfletch
where can i buy a stud conversion for the wheels.? im looking around for a 75mm stud conversion (the screw in kind) to switch to from the wheel bolts, but am unable to come across any sold.

I have some new dan gurrney wheels and the original bolts are too short to safely hold the rim to the hub. also it seems that the tapered kind of nut wont be the best choice, correct?
Jon H.
This guy will do custom lengths. I've bought from him before and the service was great. This is a VW oriented business but the threads are the same.

T3 Technique

Jon H.
bdstone914
Here is another source

http://www.race-studs.com/servlet/the-20/M...%27-race/Detail
steuspeed
If you are selling your lug bolts I would buy 4 or the whole lot of 16. Let me know your price.
Dave_Darling
I don't like the screw-in wheel studs. There's not much meat in the hubs, and I'm always nervous that the things will back out or strip. I far prefer to have the hubs spot-faced on the back side, and studs pressed in.

--DD
rick 918-S
My son had them on a VW Golf with wide wheels. They backed out once at a teen driving clinic on the skid pad. I spotted one flying across the tarmac and flagged him to stop so we could put it back in and tighten things up. Good thing it happened there not on the highway. Never trusted them since.
X911IC
Check out wheel studs on their website. Bought stuff from them before. Good experience.

http://www.cbperformance.com
Chris Pincetich
I've had screw-in studs for 7+ years with lots of wheel changes, AX races, and 15k+ of driving. I bought "race grade", NOT the eBay ones with a hex head at the end. Install using double nuts and red lock-tite, and you should be good-to-go. I do carefully inspect my studs and wheels 1-2x a year as I swap between summer and winter wheels/tires beerchug.gif

I got the ones sold at bimmerworld, but they are no longer there on that website mad.gif
VaccaRabite
Get them from Eric Shea on this board.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.