Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pics of Phone Dials Plz
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
I'm contemplating putting phone dials on my fantasy car. biggrin.gif
Please post pictures of phone dials on 914s. Specifically there was one from earlier this month that I can't find. It only showed the right rear fender and only about 75% of the wheel, but I'd really like to have that pic if anyone has it, or knows the thread it was in.
Thanks
Brad Roberts
Mueller should have 20-30 pics of his black car when he had them on it.

Do a search for "Mueller" and check the threads he has started.

B
airsix
This pic was taken minutes after rolling out of the garage with the 5-lug & brake conversion. Hadn't set the ride height yet, so in this pic it's sitting a little high. I don't think they look bad, and it only cost $500 for the wheels, tires (SP8000, 50% tread), caps, and nuts. You can always find cheap phone-dialz, but be sure to get the right offset (pre-'87 I think). smile.gif

-Ben M.
Mike's2nd914
Damn, that looks great! clap56.gif
Kerrys914
YES...Make sure you get the the 86 (23mm offset)or older dials. The later models have a 53mm or so offset. That is too much for the teeners.

I learned the hard way..sad.gif

Cheers
Kerry
seanery
Ben,

What size?

they look pretty big...16's? 6&7's or ????
airsix
QUOTE(seanery @ May 31 2003, 05:48 AM)
Ben,

What size?

they look pretty big...16's? 6&7's or ????

These are 16x7 and 16x8. Tires are 225/50 and 245/45. As you can see, this required some smash.gif liberal hammer and dolly work. (Since this was not intended as a permanent solution I just re-shot the quarter panels afterwards)

-Ben M.

ps - I just took delivery of a full set of 911sc flares, 911 front arches, and SC bumper extensions that I will be grafting in before the paint job coming this fall, to replace my home-made flare job.
Qarl
My car...
Mueller
IPB Image

This is the only one I could find at home, my other pictures are at work.
Andyrew
IPB Image

Mueller, this one looks really good for some reason..
Aaron Cox
is this the "phones on 914's thread: ?

oh, phone dials....my bad biggrin.gif
L8Apex
I have a set of 15x6 phone dials, but they are 52? offset. just needs spacers. comes with center caps. email me or something.
McMark
I looked at the wheel chart that was posted awhile back and was wondering if I had this right:

Phone Dials came in 15x6, 15x7, 16x7 and 16x8?

I'd like to put 7s in the front and 8s in the rear (for that meaty look), but I don't think I want 16s because of the ride issues (under the impression larger wheels make rougher ride). I also don't really like the low profile tire look. What are the pros and cons of 15 vs. 16 as well as 7s in the rear vs 8s in the rear?
seanery
7's will be easier to fit unless you do some creative stretching/cutting/welding...
16's will prolly have more tires available
15's will prolly be more comfy
stock93
I saw some 15x5.5 4 lug phone dials the other day. They were on a guys notchback VW. I didnt realize they made 15x5.5 4 lug phone dials.

John
Kerrys914
IIRC.The 4 lug Dials will not fit the 914. They have a smaller bolt pattern then the 914.

Kerry
seanery
what had 4 lug phonedials?
924?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.