Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Emergency brake bent?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
swooshdave
IPB Image

Brake handle doesn't line up and hit the switch square. I'm not eager to just bend the handle and risk the pivot.

Suggestions?
cwpeden
If you bend the handle the mechanism inside wont work. Judging by pic looks like pivot is already bent.
2ma2
I have the same issue on a car I just started putting together. I assumed a spacer was used on the left side to offset the lever more towards the middle of the car. If somone could post a pic of how it should look it would help me out too
bdstone914
The plastic bushing could be shot. Does the handle move side to side?
ben*james
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jul 15 2014, 07:14 AM) *

The plastic bushing could be shot. Does the handle move side to side?

I've had a side to side movement on my e brake. Is that indicative of a bad bushing?

OP sorry if hijacking.
swooshdave
Bushing is pretty shot.
914Sixer
PET shows bushing for handbrake, the question is it still available?
swooshdave
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 16 2014, 02:16 PM) *

PET shows bushing for handbrake, the question is it still available?

Yup

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=238762
Eric_Shea
There is a metal tab that is formed and welded to the bottom of the handle. It should make contact with the switch.
76-914
Beat me to it. Or Weld, rivet or super glue an angular tab on the handle to contact the switch. Be sure the switch is operative before you jump out into left field.
swooshdave
Switch works fine. Handle is wobbly so you have to get it "just so". Will get the new busing and see what it does.
hndyhrr
QUOTE(swooshdave @ Jul 19 2014, 03:54 PM) *

Switch works fine. Handle is wobbly so you have to get it "just so". Will get the new busing and see what it does.

I put a washer in there and that helped alot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.