Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mallory Unilite dizzy replacement trigger module
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gint
Anybody know where to get a replacement trigger for a mallory unilite mechanical advance dizzy without too much hassle? Fried mine. Not because it was wired backwards, but because I had the wires from the harness plugged onto the coil backwards. Those black wires with a red and a purple stripe are kinda hard to see. Should have put my glasses on. It's dead, Jim.
wndsnd
Call Chris at Tangerine
Cap'n Krusty
Google is your friend:https://www.google.com/search?q=replacement+trigger+for+a+mallory+unilite&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

The Cap'n
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jul 15 2014, 11:51 AM) *

Call Chris at Tangerine

I'm out of stock at the moment.
Waiting on the factory for new distributors, and I haven't pushed my supplier to send some modules separately yet.
rhodyguy
i got one thru baxter's auto parts local to me. you maybe able to order online. one bad wire hookup and POOF!, history.
Markl
aircooled.net - I think they also sell a module that will help keep it from getting fried again.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Markl @ Jul 15 2014, 02:05 PM) *

aircooled.net - I think they also sell a module that will help keep it from getting fried again.

agree.gif

http://vwparts.aircooled.net/Mallory-Unili...00M-p/6100m.htm

OR

http://vwparts.aircooled.net/Mallory-Unili...e-605-p/605.htm

Joe Ricard
I might have one. Will have to remember to look tonight.
jeffdon
QUOTE(Markl @ Jul 15 2014, 11:05 AM) *

I have one of those modules. Do not trust them. Messed up and cranked it with a charger attached, and fried the module. Had my tach also on the + side of the coil. Think I might have fried that too.
jim_hoyland
I bought replacement modules from JEGS or Summit Racing: there are two available: I found the cheat one to be less reliable. Always carry a spare.
Also: while the modules either work fail, I once experienced a situation where it worked intermittently. That was worse than a complete failure; couldn't diagnose the problem. Then, when I ready to give up, car would start up and run fine
jeffdon
This is interesting....The Mallory Unilite Module Power Filter Protection System, 29351 has been discontinued by Mallory. Perhaps because it does not work?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(jeffdon @ May 13 2017, 07:43 AM) *

This is interesting....The Mallory Unilite Module Power Filter Protection System, 29351 has been discontinued by Mallory. Perhaps because it does not work?

I did some isolated testing on mine and it worked. I have a spare....
jeffdon
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 13 2017, 07:47 AM) *

QUOTE(jeffdon @ May 13 2017, 07:43 AM) *

I did some isolated testing on mine and it worked. I have a spare....

Well, I am still going to keep mine installed. Hoping that I get my new module from Summit today. Sometimes their stuff shows up next day. Or I could put my old diz with pertronix back in.
jeffdon
My past research showed that you do NOT need a ballast resistor with a bosch blue coil. Would adding one give some additional protection to the Mallory? Would it cause a problem?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(jeffdon @ May 13 2017, 08:37 AM) *

My past research showed that you do NOT need a ballast resistor with a bosch blue coil. Would adding one give some additional protection to the Mallory? Would it cause a problem?

Doubt it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.