Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kewl
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turk22
check this out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-356-Sports...=US_Cars_Trucks
Dr Evil
The only thing I see out of place is the use of a nose shift (911/912 configured) transmission? Why not use a 914 box? Easier, already set for rear configuration? This is a nit pick mainly I would see. The rest is amazing first.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Looks suspiciously like a T1 or T2 tranny, Doc.

The Cap'n
dw914six
I agree it is an amazing accomplishment. aktion035.gif

I do not think I could spend that kind of money on a non brand car. Would I be missing an awesome opportunity? confused24.gif

I ask this because I have been looking for that special investment ride in that price range, give or take $20-$30K. I figure it will take me a few years to pull the trigger, fearful that as soon as I buy something, the perfect car will pop up.

I just believe $90,000 still buys a lot of car. (It almost buys a nice 72 911S blink.gif )

You would have the only one at the car shows. first.gif
JmuRiz
Seems like a lot of money for a strange looking car with a single barrel carb (beetle?) engine...

Seems like a stretch to market it as a 356 too, since the parts listed are mostly VW parts...
r_towle
The flat sides and exposed welds kill it for me.
If he had conveyed the side it would have given it much better lines IMHO...
Flat floppy side which I bet rattles like crazy at speed from the wind.
euro911
My wife thinks it's bad enough I bought a few two-seater cars ... she'd think I'd really flipped if I brought a single-seater home blink.gif
GeorgeRud
I think I'd let the Blastolene boys give it a whirl and see what they'd come up with!
Drums66
....What a novelty.... idea.gif
bye1.gif
BuddyV
Chopping the top always looks like fun to me.... but I agree about the "flat sides".

Might have looked a lot better.

aktion035.gif
Dave_Darling
There's a build thread over on the Samba...

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic...&highlight=

--DD
rick 918-S
Just saw the cars in the raw a couple weeks ago at a PCA event in the metro.
Vysoc
All things considered it has a distinct hint of the front end of the 919 Hybrid that just ran in the 24 Hours of LeMans. You would think the new LMP1 car would have such an aerodynamic front but?????? The more things change the more they stay the same???
The Audi and the Toyota looked along the same lines.

Just saying?

Vysoc flag.gif
Cap'n Krusty
I don't believe a single stock carb on a stock intake manifold will support 125HP. Not gonna happen. That's more than double the stock HP with only 20% more displacement.

I know some serious body guys who could do better than that with both hands behind their back, blindfolded ........................................ The dents and creases on the left flank are disturbing, to say the least. I'm not buying "art" as an excuse for poor body work.

The Cap'n
euro911
Steve Hogue, here in Torrance, built a buck and can build you a new Glockler. Gonna cost a bit more than this guy's asking though dry.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

blink.gif
Elliot Cannon
Beutiful P-51 in the photos. first.gif Belongs to the collings foundation. Worth I'd say about $2,000,000. You can buy a ride in it for I think about $2500. biggrin.gif
mgp4591
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jul 17 2014, 01:19 AM) *

Beutiful P-51 in the photos. first.gif Belongs to the collings foundation. Worth I'd say about $2,000,000. You can buy a ride in it for I think about $2500. biggrin.gif

Now THAT would be a ride!! aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.