Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: She's finally driving it
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partsman
Just a fun video of my wife driving my car for the first time after we've owned it for more than 15 years. I honestly had as much fun in the passenger seat as I would have being in the drivers seat on one of our coastal drives. We were coming back from Skips, a local hamburger / ice cream stand that runs cars shows on Saturdays during the summer and I asked her if she wanted to drive. It's really brought another level of fun to owning this car, the fact that my wife is having fun going to shows and on drives with me.
I hope you guys get a kick out of it...
Eric

Click to view attachment
malcolm2
QUOTE(partsman @ Jul 15 2014, 08:58 PM) *

Just a fun video of my wife driving my car for the first time after we've owned it for more than 15 years. I honestly had as much fun in the passenger seat as I would have being in the drivers seat on one of our coastal drives. We were coming back from Skips, a local hamburger / ice cream stand that runs cars shows on Saturdays during the summer and I asked her if she wanted to drive. It's really brought another level of fun to owning this car, the fact that my wife is having fun going to shows and on drives with me.
Eric

Click to view attachment

I thought you had worked on the car for 15 years.... aktion035.gif

Mine is 4 years owned, and 1 year driving and the wife just now said, she might have to see why I like it so much.
PlantMan
QUOTE(partsman @ Jul 15 2014, 06:58 PM) *

Eric

Click to view attachment

Good for her!!!!
Now you can go buy yourself one!!!!
partsman
ok, so I actually read the instructions on how to post a video... i think..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0voQCtZ00U

Hmmm. maybe not
r_towle
Awesome to hear.
SirAndy
QUOTE(partsman @ Jul 15 2014, 07:46 PM) *
ok, so I actually read the instructions on how to post a video... i think..

Hmmm. maybe not

Well, did you upload the video to youtube?
idea.gif
partsman
Yeah... I can see it on youtube... the id is 0voQCtZ00U, but I can't get it to fly here?
partsman
I met John the other day at Skip's... He lives about 15 mins away from me. We should get some driving in!!!

You know, I've been looking over the massive amounts of pictures I have for my car, and it's simply the most understated fact... Without you and your skills and patience, I honestly wouldn't even have a car at this point. Thank you. You never gave up, even though I was on the edge, and about to..

eric
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 15 2014, 11:04 PM) *

Awesome to hear.

partsman
how about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0voQCtZ00U
partsman
Ahhh.... I see.... my video had a leading _ to it, and I didn't copy that when I copied the video id...
euro911
Awesome cheer.gif

What did she say? - "not bad" ?

Glad to see she finally cracked a smile smile.gif

Wished my wife felt the same way, maybe when she gets hers back, she'll actually drive it and like it confused24.gif
euro911
Duplicate post - stupid new MAC dry.gif (operator) laugh.gif
partsman
the "not bad" she said was in reference to the first time she's shifted a manual in more than 18+ years... She's already driven it to her summer school program (she's a teacher, not a student.... biggrin.gif )

Really looking forward to more fun drives now that there's common interest....
johannes
The smile at the end of the video made my day ! ...

... smile.gif
shoguneagle
You now are authorized to spend "unlimited amounts of money". Best move you ever made was getting your wife eventually involved. You could see the enjoyment in her eyes and smile.

Congrats! Glad to see the enjoyment in the family.

Questions: Who will end up with more seat time???? Are you sure it is your car???? Are you a good navigator???? Are you going to have to ask when you want to "use her car"? Are you going to have to stay home when she goes for "ride in her car"???
Chris Pincetich
YUP, let the wife drive the 914 beerchug.gif
The level of support I get for fixin, rustoring, and improving my 914 went from a shrug to a hug after she drove it. Now, if only I can get her to start buying parts too biggrin.gif
Millerwelds
I've had mine for going on 6 years and the wife has yet to drive it. I think she is afraid if she hurt it I would leave her. As much as I love the car I love her more. She is safe but she figures better safe then sorry.

Great fun seeing your wife enjoying the car. Thanks for sharing. beerchug.gif
wndsnd
Parents run and hide their small children when the word is out that Nancy is trying to drive a stick shift.... biggrin.gif Congrats to your wife!

I am glad she like to go for rides. What's up for the weekend Eric? Maybe we can get Scott and others (his son included) to take a run up to Conway or something.

John
scott_in_nh
Hey John,

I am around, but Ethan is taking the 944 to his cousin's lake house in western NH.

To the OP - congrats on your wife's enjoyment of your 914. beerchug.gif

My GF wants to drive mine, but it has to wait until I have a better transmission in it.
green914
Great move - wish you both many hours in the driver's seat. smile.gif
wndsnd
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Jul 17 2014, 09:27 AM) *

Hey John,

I am around, but Ethan is taking the 944 to his cousin's lake house in western NH.

To the OP - congrats on your wife's enjoyment of your 914. beerchug.gif

My GF wants to drive mine, but it has to wait until I have a better transmission in it.

PM Sent
partsman
QUOTE(shoguneagle @ Jul 16 2014, 12:29 PM) *

You now are authorized to spend "unlimited amounts of money". Best move you ever made was getting your wife eventually involved. You could see the enjoyment in her eyes and smile.

Congrats! Glad to see the enjoyment in the family.

Questions: Who will end up with more seat time???? Are you sure it is your car???? Are you a good navigator???? Are you going to have to ask when you want to "use her car"? Are you going to have to stay home when she goes for "ride in her car"???

So far it's still mine. I doubt she'd take it away. We're just going to enjoy it more together more going forward. I'm finding more guys in the area with 914's and I'm actually excited to get some group drives and such going.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.