Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Domain's email server
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
Does anyone know how I can setup a mail server for say, MoronThrottle.com - so I can ditch my MSN email and start using a moronthrottle email address?

thanks in advance...
Brad Roberts
Andy or I can run it on one of our servers.

You have to point the DNS at my server or Andy's server.

I run 3-4 different domains off my email server.

B
seanery
i dunno how to do that.

I own a new URL--- wink.gif
Brad Roberts
Go to your admin page for the domain name.. they will have a DNS server page.. remove what they currently have in there and point it to 67.115.122.27 or (NS1.all914.com) or NS2.all914.com.

NS..stands for Name Server.

Or give me access and I'll do it for you (quickly..I'm fading fast and need to be up at 7am)

B
seanery
i don't need to move the page, just want to setup the email...

we can do it another day...
Brad Roberts
Cool.

I'm out.

B
anthony
Sean,

Who hosts your domain? Most hosting companies offer at least a handfull of free mail accounts with web site hosting.

I'd recommend pair.com. For less than $6/month you get one email and web hosting. For $10/mo. you get 10 email accounts, ssh access, and more web storage.

This is the easiest way to go IMO unless of course you can find someone like Brad to do all this for you. :-)
Lawrence
I use GetMeHosted.com plan for about 8 dollars a month. When I was shopping around, it seemed the best deal... and lots of folks recommended it.

-Rusty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.