Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Irvine Cars and Collee this Saturday 7/19
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
This coming Saturday at the Irvine Cars and Coffee in Irvine: 7905 Gatway Irvine, CA 92618. If you havn't been there. The C&C parking lot is between the Masda and Ford-Taco Bell building. Can't miss the entrance as other cars will be pulling in. The location can be reached from the I5, 405, and 133; it's between those three freeways.

Best parking will be at 6:00am on the row across from the snack/coffee tables. Right now, it's me and Eddie Reposo, and possibly Rober21.

Saturdays a great day to drive to Irvine, no traffic, great weather and lots of cars to view.

I'd be nice to meet more of the local 914 owners.
914_teener
I was planning on going the next weekend. Going to see the new grandchild this weekend.

I ran into a young guys who has two 912's, So looking for a 911 to go with.

Looking to go run down Santiago Canyon.
oldschool
I may be in..I haven't driven my white car in more then a month...
ok So. Ca. dudes lets make it a 914 day! piratenanner.gif
914_teener
.....well......I won't hijack Jim's thread. I'm out. I can't go this coming weekend.

I'll start one for next weekend. It is every Saturday right?
Steve
Bummer, I will be out of town this weekend. I was there last Saturday and NLA 914 was searching for a spot.
Jackgerard
I'd love to go but can't this sunday anyone want to meet at super car sunday in woodland hills and then head over to the porsche concourse in Santa Monica?!?!?
euro911
Hmmm, the wife and sis in law are out of town this w/e idea.gif

My car is a mess though. Do they hand out awards for the dirtiest car? laugh.gif

That 6:00 am thing would be a tough item for me though dry.gif
jim_hoyland
Beside me and Eddie, saw two 914's; Ethan's great looking conversion and a GT
jim_hoyland
GT
jim_hoyland
Interesting rock protection ?
jim_hoyland
Another shot of the GT from previous time
euro911
I tried. Woke up at 7, but had 4 dogs to feed, and the gardener showed up (have to lock the pups in the house). I guess Saturday mornings aren't good for me when the wifie's gone dry.gif

Jim, 911's have a small screen/rock guard at the rear of the oil tank. I don't know if the 914 '6' tanks do, but it seems like a good idea.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jul 19 2014, 02:40 PM) *

I tried. Woke up at 7, but had 4 dogs to feed, and the gardener showed up (have to lock the pups in the house). I guess Saturday mornings aren't good for me when the wifie's gone dry.gif

Jim, 911's have a small screen/rock guard at the rear of the oil tank. I don't know if the 914 '6' tanks do, but it seems like a good idea.

Interesting, I didn't look on the passenger side. Were these original equipment ?
euro911
Well, a 914 '6' would have the oil tank on the driver side so a rock shield on the passenger side wouldn't be needed. 911 oil tanks are on the passenger side.

I'm not that familiar with the 914 '6' especially a high end GT, so I couldn't say if that guard is stock or not. My guess is it's not, but I'm sure someone in the know will set me straight ... then we'll both know popcorn[1].gif

There's a 356 meet down by the Dana Point Marriott tomorrow, should be some early 911s there too from what I hear shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.