Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whats a d-cambered ballJoint?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914werke
Inquiring minds wanna know IPB Image
anthony
It allows more negative camber. You're talking about the Elephant product, right?
914werke
Yes but Ive seen others offer as well (though none jump immeadiatly to mind) So, on an only occasionaly trk driven car are they unnecessary, negitives?
TravisNeff
I don't know anything about those things other than seeing them on the website.

My knee jerk reaction is that on a design standpoint that they could not be as strong, being offset (all things being equal, materials and such.)

I don't understand the increase in track statement. I know that it moves the balljoint pin towards the outward side of the car, which would decrease camber, but the wheels are in their same location and isn't that where the track is determined?
Bleyseng
He is talking about necessary for a once and awhile race track car. Lots of AX guys use the modified strut mounts to gain more Negative camber. Dunno why on a 914 you need a decambered balljoint?
Maybe its like a declawed cat?

Geoff IPB Image
SLITS
Track is measured from the outside of one rim to the outside of the other....if you move the pivot point (ie ball joint) outward from the body, it will increase the track..which, if you go to far, violates the GCR.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.