Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Auto Atlanta resignation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
AutoAtlanta_Leo
Admin please move this if this is in the wrong forum

Dear all my 914 customers

I am writing this letter to inform you my customers my resignation from Automobile Atlanta (AutoAtlanta.com) and pursuing my dream of starting my own business. My resignation came into effect as of 7/14/14 but I will still be active in the community and answering any order, tech , or current open order questions.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter, you may contact me by Leonardovventura@gmail.com.

I appreciate all of the cooperation and patience in the time that we both have worked assisting you with your 914 projects and tech questions over the years.

Now can someone help me get AUTOATLANTA off my dang profile name lol !

Yours sincerely,

Leo Ventura
AutoAtlanta.com
505 S. Marietta PKWY
Marietta, GA 30060

carr914
ILBT

popcorn[1].gif
ripper911
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif

Good luck!
nsr-jamie
Changing your profile name I heard was quite difficult and is the same as starting from a new account, you may loose your post counts but you have only 13 at the time I am writing this so it may just be easier to start with a new name or account and reintroduce yourself....also maybe a good idea to not leave AA in your signature at the bottom of your posts, you may want to change that if you are not typing or pasting that each time. Good luck with your choice and decision...hope you will stay in the 914 world.
Chris H.
If it's within the rules the admins can do it. They may have decided to stop since the site has gotten so large. Would hate to spend all day changing screen names myself. With only 13 posts I'd take Jamie's advice.
76-914
Ve gets too olt too shoon undt smartz too late. Smart move; better late than never!
7TPorsh
Admin can do it...I did it way back...
7TPorsh
...and piratenanner.gif by the way
Maltese Falcon
Leo,
just change the last bit of your signature to your last name, then your sig can be know as:
Auto Ventura biggrin.gif
Marty
green914
Good luck with your new business smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif & thank you for all your help over the years. smile.gif
TravisNeff
huh.gif
URY914
Now tell us some good AA stories!
SLITS
QUOTE(AutoAtlanta_Leo @ Jul 18 2014, 06:23 AM) *

Admin please move this if this is in the wrong forum

Dear all my 914 customers

I am writing this letter to inform you my customers my resignation from Automobile Atlanta (AutoAtlanta.com)

You ACTUALLY had customers?
ripper911
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 18 2014, 04:02 PM) *

You ACTUALLY had customers?

You'd be surprised. They stay pretty busy.
76-914
Making happy customers or making excuses?
AutoAtlanta_Leo
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jul 18 2014, 11:34 AM) *

Now tell us some good AA stories!

Jesus Christ I could make a living telling stories of my experience working 4 years there.
TravisNeff
do tell.. popcorn[1].gif
ripper911
I have a certain picture from a calendar saved on my phone that the folks here would love to see... rolleyes.gif

But I won't.

Steve
How about a tell all book. I would buy it. Gotta be better than the reality TV shows.
wes
agree.gif
Vysoc

Sorry for the rant but.......

I stopped into the great "Auto Atlanta" on my way back from Tennessee on a recon trip to Gatlinburg and got to check out the Tail of the Dragon. Going back this fall for the Okteenerfest in September.

So back to Auto Atlanta, yeah I saw the cars behind the windows, I was wanting to see the M471 real bad, they had no time for me I bought another $200.00+ of parts and asked them how much I had spent with them over the years, it was over 1000.00.

They treated me like I was in their way..... the hour I spent there I saw how they ran their operation and have purchased zero from them since.

Crappy place not impressive....at all.

Sorry George not a fan, you looked at me like I was a turd.

Not an Auto Atlanta Fan!!!

Vysoc flag.gif
ripper911
QUOTE(Vysoc @ Jul 18 2014, 07:46 PM) *

I stopped into the great "Auto Atlanta" on my way back from Tennessee on a recon trip to Gatlinburg and got to check out the Tail of the Dragon. Going back this fall for the Okteenerfest in September.

So back to Auto Atlanta, yeah I saw the cars behind the windows, I was wanting to see the M471 real bad, they had no time for me I bought another $200.00+ of parts and asked them how much I had spent with them over the years, it was over 1000.00.

They treated me like I was in their way..... the hour I spent there I saw how they ran their operation and have purchased zero from them since.

Vysoc flag.gif

George is actually a nice guy, but he just does his own thing, you have to catch him at the right time. His predominant attitude is full blast running around crazy as hell unless he's on the phone.

If they're busy they won't give a shit about people wanting to hang around. They really don't have anybody extra to take time with customers.

I was probably there then, but you never know one person from another.
ripper911
That sounds like I think its alright...

No! You need to take time with your customers, be honest, try to actually make people happy. It's good for business!

Yes, you...
Vysoc
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Jul 18 2014, 08:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Vysoc @ Jul 18 2014, 07:46 PM) *

Vysoc flag.gif

George is actually a nice guy, but he just does his own thing, you have to catch him at the right time. His predominant attitude is full blast running around crazy as hell unless he's on the phone.

If they're busy they won't give a shit about people wanting to hang around. They really don't have anybody extra to take time with customers.

I was probably there then, but you never know one person from another.

Is it not all about customer service? I am in that business, the staff were too busy fighting with each other.
Ripper this was before your time, if you are not able to take care of walk in customers do not create an area to buy things retail or wait I was charged over the retail price marked on several items I bought...........................................Typical Auto Atlanta.

Ripper it is what it is, sorry I am done with my rant.

Vysoc flag.gif
ripper911
agree.gif George will see this but it won't change anything.

EDIT: agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Jul 18 2014, 04:23 PM) *

agree.gif George will see this but it won't change anything.

EDIT: agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtaA2SO_4oA
rolleyes.gif
mepstein
George who? As 914World has grown, I think he's become sort of irrelevant.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Steve @ Jul 18 2014, 02:15 PM) *
How about a tell all book. I would buy it. Gotta be better than the reality TV shows.

Real Housewives Gearheads of Atlanta ... lol-2.gif
AutoAtlanta_Leo
Hmmmm since I can't change my profile name maybe I should start my own AutoatlantaLeo.com ?

Who wants to buy a windshield top seal that looks like a 928 radiator? Lol

Mike Bellis
QUOTE(AutoAtlanta_Leo @ Jul 19 2014, 06:52 AM) *

Hmmmm since I can't change my profile name maybe I should start my own AutoatlantaLeo.com ?

Who wants to buy a windshield top seal that looks like a 928 radiator? Lol

I had Andy change mine. Just PM him and ask nicely. smile.gif

jfort
I, too, stopped at AA a few years ago on my way from Florida to Ohio. George spent quite a bit of time just talking to me. I found him to be a good guy. Maybe I just caught him on a good day, but that's my experience.
campbellcj
Good luck Leo!

Let's not turn this into another AA bashing thread, please...personally I've had more trouble with a different vendor some seem to pratically "worship".
orthobiz
I agree, no more George bashing.

He took time with me to view pics of my orange car back in 2007, helped me to decide to buy a future show winner. And of course he worked closely with Sahara Beige Steve in bringing his M471 back to proper 1971 spec.

Not a current customer, but I prefer to look back fondly.

BUT

I would buy the tell-all book, just don't air excerpts here!

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.