Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: chasing the sunset @ 11,990 ft
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1stworks
Did my valve adj yesterday and wanted to get up to Loveland to see how she was running.
Car is running fantastic even at 11,990 ft.......

Enjoy biggrin.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

1stworks
IPB Image

IPB Image
1stworks
IPB Image

IPB Image
walterolin
Nice pictures. Know the area well, AB in the background. I've never seen the pass in summer, without ten foot snow banks on each side.
Gustl
great photos smilie_pokal.gif
great scenery first.gif

wub.gif love the mountains wub.gif

beerchug.gif Gustl
Cap'n Krusty
Oh, THAT "Loveland"! I thought for a moment you meant someplace in Nevada ........................

The Cap'n
wes
Great photos I've been through the pass a couple of times years back and cars before computers couldn't breath well on average. Hay Cap you have the address for the one in Nevada.
1stworks
QUOTE(wes @ Jul 18 2014, 11:50 AM) *

Great photos I've been through the pass a couple of times years back and cars before computers couldn't breath well on average. Hay Cap you have the address for the one in Nevada.

Thanks for the complements smile.gif

super thin air up there.....
Thinking about heading up Mt Evans tonight. 14,000+.
Will report back.

white914.jpg
RoadGlue
Really nice compositions and scenery with those photos. Looks like you made it right before sunset. Perfect!

I've had my D-Jet cars up to almost 10K' without any problems.

Thanks for sharing!
SKL1
That is a GREAT road!! Last did it a few years ago in a friend's 997 cab on the way to the Parade at Keystone. Real "interesting" in the winter too, if open!!
1970 Neun vierzehn
Nice pics, nice road........is the attached photo the same place on the same road?
1stworks
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Jul 18 2014, 09:45 PM) *

Nice pics, nice road........is the attached photo the same place on the same road?

Fantastic! !!!!
Same road.
beerchug.gif
Elliot Cannon
Well krap! At first I thought there was going to be an airplane involved. lol-2.gif Great pictures. Great looking car.
mgp4591
I've only been on the pass once, a year ago last May just as the area (AB) was closing down. The bumps looked great- I'm gonna hit those next year if'n my knees don't give out first!
bulitt
dang thats some elevation.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jul 18 2014, 11:50 PM) *

Well krap! At first I thought there was going to be an airplane involved. lol-2.gif Great pictures. Great looking car.

Cruising at an altitude of 5.5 miles...went to San Antonio for some good old Texan bbq chowtime.gif
+1 good looking 914 and awesome scenery !Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.