Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sold the Six... Got a Four...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jake Raby
A few months back I posted about a yellow 914/6 3.0 that I traded for.. The car needed to be finished and I had too many projects. I sold the car rather than taking the time to finish it.

Fast forward a few months and one of my local customers passed his "916 replica" on to me.. It has the 916 bumpers and etc, but the targa top was left alone. The best part of this one is now I once again have a 914 equipped with one of my engines! Thats the first time in almost a decade!

Its a 2,316 that made 203HP on my dyno a few years back.. Its a beast, based off the same "Annihilator" combination that was in my old 914 (My old one only made 191 HP)... I actually took the previous owner of this car for a ride in my old 2,316cc powered 914 before he decided to have me build the engine for his car.

The best news is, the car isn't a project! Its a completely restored vehicle that needs nothing, and its way faster than the 3.0 Six conversion car I just got rid of! No comparison! Much more aggressive and the difference in throttle response is staggering between the two.

Here's the only photo I have on my laptop as I am in the air heading to instruct another Porsche engine school, this one is in NorCal

Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
this thread is worthless without a picture of smoking tires. pretty car...
carr914
I remember seeing that car at Petit LeMans (where that picture was taken)
Jake Raby
I'll post some other pics later :-)
I have one of some nice exhibition of power at an AX.

Just realized the engine I built for this car is now 10 years old.. Where has the time gone?!
Johny Blackstain
Cool! beer.gif driving.gif
203 - 191 = 12... noticeable?
vw505
It's all in the combination.
rick 918-S
RRC?
URY914
6-2=4

Weight reduction is just simple math. beer.gif
JeffBowlsby
Whats/wheres the event in NorCal?
RoadGlue
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jul 18 2014, 12:44 PM) *

Wrong thread? Hi Jeff!
76-914
Jake, are your related to PT Barnum? biggrin.gif Nice score.
Spoke
Awesome!

Post a video if you get a chance so we can hear it too.
oldschool
Are you saying a 4 can go as fast as a 6?.....Are you jake from State Farm lol-2.gif
love your 912 stuff.
edwin
So after 10 years what does your dyno say it has now?
Cheers
Edwin
Jake Raby
QUOTE(edwin @ Jul 18 2014, 01:59 PM) *

So after 10 years what does your dyno say it has now?
Cheers
Edwin

No reason to pull the engine from the car just to dyno it on the same dyno. I have a dynojet chassis dyno 10' away from that engine dyno, so when I have a chance I'll get it on the rollers to see.
mgp4591
QUOTE(oldschool @ Jul 18 2014, 03:07 PM) *

Are you saying a 4 can go as fast as a 6?.....Are you jake from State Farm lol-2.gif
love your 912 stuff.

Are those fender flares and lovely red paint what you're wearing, "Jake from State Farm?". It don't look hideous- it's a beauty! smilie_pokal.gif
Jake Raby
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jul 18 2014, 11:44 AM) *

Pleasanton

Its a Worldpac Training Institute class.
SKL1
What type of induction system? FI (if so what kind) or carbs??
Jake Raby
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Jul 19 2014, 06:43 PM) *

What type of induction system? FI (if so what kind) or carbs??

45 Dellortos
bcheney
Great lookin 916! Who did the yellow 3 liter 6 conversion go to....possibly a 914world member confused24.gif
JFJ914
I remember that car at a PCA Autox. Smoked the tires out of every corner and halfway down the straights. Cool car!
Jake Raby
QUOTE(John Jentz @ Jul 21 2014, 06:44 AM) *

I remember that car at a PCA Autox. Smoked the tires out of every corner and halfway down the straights. Cool car!

John, No way a 4 cylinder could do that!

:-)

This car has always been a beast.
Cuda911
Looks like a good score, Jake!!!

(hey, what's the status update on your 996 book?)
Jake Raby
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Jul 21 2014, 07:56 AM) *

Looks like a good score, Jake!!!

(hey, what's the status update on your 996 book?)

996 book should be done now.. I was sick for 4-1/2 months earlier this year and it was during the time I had to finish the book.

I plan to finish it in December now.
Woody
bye1.gif
Cuda911
I'll be one of the first in line to buy the book!
wndsrfr
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jul 19 2014, 05:18 AM) *

No reason to pull the engine from the car just to dyno it on the same dyno. I have a dynojet chassis dyno 10' away from that engine dyno, so when I have a chance I'll get it on the rollers to see.

My 2316 (Originally Drew Rickert's, but I rebuilt it 3 times, so it's mine) with SDS injection and Tangerine headers/EVO muffler did a commendable job on a Dyno Dynamics chassis dyno.....torque from 150 to 165 ft.lbs from 3600 to almost 6000 rpm.....max Hp 167 at 5500 to 6000.....sweet. Even better is the sound with the A/F/KA/S/Z gearing. Gotta put up a Youtube so you can hear it sometime, but here's the dyno sheet. I know you're loving yours.....the 4 as it was meant to be!
Jake Raby
Drew, This one will probably make very close to what your's did.. Its a few years older, but it had some leading edge heads for the day.. They still aren't too shabby when compared with today's CNC LE 200s.

I might be able to get it on the dyno in the next week or so.

I picked up a couple new toys in the last week or so, I'll soon be out of space agin.. That happens quick when you add one of these bad boys to the collection.

IPB Image
Cuda911
^^^^ Jake, is that the new Macan??
blitZ
That was Michael's car correct? I AX'd with him at a few PCA events, it's plenty quick. Nice score, purdy car.
Jake Raby
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Jul 24 2014, 09:56 PM) *

^^^^ Jake, is that the new Macan??

Are you kidding?? Lol

I could roll over a Macan and probably never even need to lock the front axle...
Cuda911
In that thing, prolly could roll over a Macan and not even notice, either.
Jake Raby
Well,
Looks like my chassis dyno will be free on Friday and I'll have time to get the 914 on the rollers to see what it still has after a decade of useā€¦

I'll post some results. I just finished my 500E as well, and I might have a chance to get it on the rollers too :-)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.