Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car won't start help!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jackgerard
Hi everyone I was driving my car when it just shut off. I pulled over to the side of the road and tried to get it started again, no luck. I replaced the spark plugs and nothing changed. Any suggestions I have a carb 2.0 1973 any input would be great.
ajserrano
Look at your coil leads, did one of them come off? Happened to me while driving on a busy hwy. : )
Jackgerard
Yes it did two minutes after posting this I fixed it, so easy so dumb I was stranded for three hours on Sunday when it died and now I feel pretty dumb lol well you live and you learn.
euro911
Another checklist item: Fuses (under dash and on the relay panel in the engine compartment). Ask me how I know ...
stugray
Ive had he condensor just pop off of the bracket at the spot weld.

A tiny strap wrench held it back on while I drove to find a new one.
Jackgerard
Yeah I've known that problem my mom has owned a87 turbo for a long time and the fuses always come loose.
ajserrano
QUOTE(Jackgerard @ Jul 18 2014, 05:45 PM) *

Yes it did two minutes after posting this I fixed it, so easy so dumb I was stranded for three hours on Sunday when it died and now I feel pretty dumb lol well you live and you learn.

So what exactly fixed the problem, a lose lead to the coil? Just curious...
Jackgerard
Yeah the lead to the coil was completely off, it was the one thing I didn't check.
ajserrano
QUOTE(Jackgerard @ Jul 18 2014, 06:37 PM) *

Yeah the lead to the coil was completely off, it was the one thing I didn't check.

Okay, I'll invoice you a $.99 cent online diagnostic fee, PayPal is fine... LOL bye1.gif
Jackgerard
Lol yeah I fixed it before your post but that would be nice lol maybe start a new thread haha just kidding.
Jackgerard
Penny for your thought lol.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.