Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: East Coast members - Our 7th annual Pool party etc
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
plas76targa
It's time for another Barbeque and Pool party. Our 7th concecutive year! Saturday August 16th - 2:00 pm to ?? Frederick, MD. This is a family event! Bring the kids and your significant other. Dr Evil will offer his patented swimming lessons to either one! Checkout our new Hot Tub!

If you travel from afar and would rather not make the long return trip in the same day we have enough lawn for camping, and there are hotels nearby too.

So come on all you 914-ers in Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia, New Jersey, New York, and West Virginia (and further?)! Newbies welcome! Over the years we've weathered heat waves, cool fall temps and even one hurricane (one 914 did show up). Last year the weather was great, let's hope for more dry weather and sunshine this year.

Address is 7188 Meadowbrooke Drive, Frederick, MD. PM me for directions. I'll add a diagram here if i can figure out how to add pics'.

Note to those who will use rt15 North through Frederick, the left hand exit at Willow road is no longer available. take either Opposumtown Pike/Motter avenue, or exit at Hayward Road. pm me for more details.

Food&Drink:
we'll provide the pulled pork, baked beans, plates & utensils, cups & napkins, tea & Lemonaide.
Please sign up for:
- Kaiser rolls or other sandwich rolls -
- Greens or tossed salad -
- Pasta Salad [Kevin]
- Fruit bowl or platter -
- Soft drinks
- desert: cake, brownies or ice cream: [Mepstein]
- your own favorite offering

Who's in:
Mepstein (yes I'll bring cake) [thanks! I accidently left that in from last yr]
Zach plus ??? of his family
Halfmoon (David)
RMDINMD
Saigon71 (Bob)
smdubovsky (Stephan)
Type 47 +1 (Jim, and the fun Nazi)
ETMracing (long distance candidate from Frederick MD)
Bozo914

Maybe:
Crash914 (Herb)
JMRuiz (Nathan get the 356 running)
Dr Evil
I wont know until probably Mon if I have that/those days off in Aug (I would not count on it, they always work me part of a weekend). Cant wait to start my new job so that I can do stuff and have vacation time dry.gif
mepstein
Yes. I'll do cake. Thanks for having the party. Always a great time!
mgp4591
Missing it by one day- I'm driving up to Md. from Ga. on Sunday after flying out from SLC on Thursday. Frederick is my home town and I'd look forward to putting faces with names on the screen, but not this time 'round. Crap...
VaccaRabite
Some variation of my family and I will be there.

Zach
VaccaRabite
I can't believe we are up to 7 years of this!

Zach
HalfMoon
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 19 2014, 11:03 AM) *

I wont know until probably Mon if I have that/those days off in Aug (I would not count on it, they always work me part of a weekend). Cant wait to start my new job so that I can do stuff and have vacation time dry.gif

Count me (and "The Lil Bastard") in this year!
And Dr, I got a spare room for ya if you can make it (pick up Gregs cores at the same time!).
David
Dr Evil
David, I stay at Matts, he is family wink.gif But, thanks!

Greg wants too much for his cores as I can buy larger bunches for less per box. Oh well.

I just got my schedule and I work that whole weekend sad.gif I may see if I can switch, but that may make it so I am working a lot of days in a row. Lemme see.
BeatNavy
Well, if Newbies are welcome I may have to swing by (will there be any newbie initiations or hazing involving paddles?). I need to see if that's a weekend I'm at my in-laws 'on da shore,' but if I am in town and can make it I'll confirm with you Matt and see what I can bring.

It would be good to finally meet others that are afflicted. You more experienced members can tell me what I'm doing wrong on my teener and what I'm doing right (if anything).

Thanks

rc
VaccaRabite
All are invited. We would love to meet you.
type47
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Jul 21 2014, 04:42 AM) *

...will there be any newbie initiations or hazing involving paddles

only exposure to the quad (Dr Evil, plas76targa, scotty b, Vacca Rabite) idea.gif
HalfMoon
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 21 2014, 01:32 AM) *

David, I stay at Matts, he is family wink.gif But, thanks!

Greg wants too much for his cores as I can buy larger bunches for less per box. Oh well.

I just got my schedule and I work that whole weekend sad.gif I may see if I can switch, but that may make it so I am working a lot of days in a row. Lemme see.

Bummer dood sad.gif
We all would have liked to have seen ya, but your life is a beast right now so everyone understands.
Btw, Greg is going to have me handle the liquidation of his parts stash. I've come up with about 11k of inventory. It's quite extensive with a few very rare items. I'll be making it public soon.
Where are ya'll moving too?
Good luck with the sale of the house beer.gif
Lemme know if ya need any help when it comes time to move k?
D
rmdinmd
sounds like fun. plan on coming, will figure out what to bring later.
saigon71
Thanks for hosting Matt - looking forward to it! It will be nice to actually drive a 914 to your picnic for a change. driving.gif

Put me down for soft drinks.

I'm in, but need to leave at 5:30 due to a prior commitment.

plas76targa

Well, if Newbies are welcome I may have to swing by (will there be any newbie initiations or hazing involving paddles?). I need to see if that's a weekend I'm at my in-laws 'on da shore,' but if I am in town and can make it I'll confirm with you Matt and see what I can bring.

It would be good to finally meet others that are afflicted. You more experienced members can tell me what I'm doing wrong on my teener and what I'm doing right (if anything).

Thanks

rc

Paddles can be arranged if that's what it takes to get you here. Hope you can make it.

Dr E. hope you can switch time. If so you get first dibs with the paddles!
mepstein
I'm planning in driving my '71
zymurgist
Can't do it. Got concert tickets for that night.
Dr Evil
Well shit, in that case I will definitely try to make it wink.gif
BeatNavy
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Jul 22 2014, 08:35 AM) *

Thanks

rc

Paddles can be arranged if that's what it takes to get you here. Hope you can make it.

Dr E. hope you can switch time. If so you get first dibs with the paddles!

How can I pass THAT up? Who WOULDN'T want to be hazed by the good doctor??? (Thank you, sir. May I have another?) As it stands now, I am scheduled to be out of town dry.gif but I'm hoping I can work something out. I'd really like to be there.

Thanks Matt et. al.
zymurgist
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 22 2014, 10:54 AM) *

Much obliged. Somebody has to supply the natural gas in my absence.
plas76targa
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Jul 22 2014, 02:51 PM) *

This is almost like the typical dinner table discussions. it took 20 posts to get to flatulence!
icon_bump.gif
okieflyr
I hope to have the teener running right by then, either way I got it on the calendar for us chowtime.gif
JmuRiz
There is a small possibility I may be able to join. I'll be solo or with my dad or brother though.

914 is still in pieces and 356 buried behind furniture and carpet tiles. It'll all make sense soon.
smdubovsky
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jul 19 2014, 10:36 PM) *

Some variation of my family and I will be there.

May we request the attractive variation?

Its on my calender (w/ a reminder this year so I don't forget!).

SMD
crash914
I might...I might not....depends...perhaps...if I am in town.....on vacation, so I might....we will see....perhaps...possibly.
scotty b
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Jul 23 2014, 02:02 PM) *

QUOTE(zymurgist @ Jul 22 2014, 02:51 PM) *

This is almost like the typical dinner table discussions. it took 20 posts to get to flatulence!
icon_bump.gif

How many posts before Drevil brings up his junk ? dry.gif
Dr Evil
I am HUGE in Japan!
plas76targa
[/quote]
How many posts before Drevil brings up his junk ? dry.gif
[/quote]
av-943.gif Your read my freaking mind!
Dr Evil
The fact that Scotty and Matt are thinking of my junk.....well that makes me fell all special wub.gif
crash914
Yes, you are "Special"
Dr Evil
Ooo, you thinking about my junk, too? goof.gif
Porschef
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 24 2014, 03:16 PM) *

I am HUGE in Japan!

Another Tom Waits fan?? aktion035.gif beer.gif
plas76targa
OK children, settle down. time to icon_bump.gif this back up to page 1 and get back to the original topic. chowtime.gif beer3.gif and partying piratenanner.gif with family and friends.
I'll review the yes, no, and maybe's up on page one.

Hope to see you in 3 weeks
type47
+1 for me. Hopefully/maybe will have my choice of 914's to drive to the bar-b-q smile.gif
ETMracing
I'm down! Coming all the way from Frederick MD too! And bringing the 914
plas76targa
QUOTE(ETMracing @ Jul 31 2014, 12:32 PM) *

is your car grey or silver? i was out front of TJHS earlier in the summer and a gray 914 drove by .. i was in the kids hauler and honking my horn didn't matter much. Look forward to meeting new people.
bozo914
Matt, it looks like I can make it, but I haven't consulted my social director. I tend to let her keep track of dates so I can focus on more important issues, like cars and boobs.
ETMracing
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Aug 1 2014, 04:16 AM) *

QUOTE(ETMracing @ Jul 31 2014, 12:32 PM) *

is your car grey or silver? i was out front of TJHS earlier in the summer and a gray 914 drove by .. i was in the kids hauler and honking my horn didn't matter much. Look forward to meeting new people.

Kids hauler...what are those lol?

Yeah its a gray one, been using it as a daily driver this summer and live right around the corner from TJHS. Need me to bring anything, I plan on scooping a Flying Dog Sampler case anywho
scotty b
QUOTE(bozo914 @ Aug 1 2014, 05:26 AM) *

Matt, it looks like I can make it, but I haven't consulted my social director. I tend to let her keep track of dates so I can focus on more important issues, like cars and boobs.

I'm out......
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(scotty b @ Aug 1 2014, 05:52 PM) *

I'm out......

Huh. Well that does kind of explain a lot.
aaron.gif

Zach
scotty b
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Aug 1 2014, 05:38 PM) *

I'm out......

aaron.gif

Zach

dry.gif says Dr Dingus Greenwheel dry.gif
plas76targa
QUOTE(scotty b @ Aug 1 2014, 07:09 PM) *

I'm out......

aaron.gif

Zach

out? Why 4?
Eric_Shea
Get me a ticket to Richmond. I'll ride with my son.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(scotty b @ Aug 1 2014, 10:09 PM) *

I'm out......

aaron.gif

Zach

I am so very proud of you, Scooter. I support your coming out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzpP0KbjHU8#t=16p
scotty b
like father like son confused24.gif
okieflyr
Bump!

Click to view attachment
scotty b
agree.gif Sach started it dry.gif
VaccaRabite
I talked with Tony today and my car wont be ready for the party. :-(

Hopefully soon.

Zach
okieflyr
New coil packs and she's a running good again! driving.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Aug 4 2014, 04:40 PM) *

I talked with Tony today and my car wont be ready for the party. :-(

Hopefully soon.

Zach

rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.