Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: motor swap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KevinP
Back to some Tech talk guys!

I bought a 71 roller that came orginally with a 1.7 D jet. I guess the PO found another motor a 1.8 L jet and this is what it came with.

My question is this: Will I have to change anything with the fuel pump, on the late models the pump is up front, with the early models its in the back.
Does anyone know if this is gonna be a plug & play or am I gonna need to do some rewiring.

Thanks for any input guys! IPB Image

KevinP
Mueller
as long as you all of the L-jet wiring harness it should be an easy swap...I converted a stock 2.0 to L-Jet and had no problems....no big deal on the fuel pump location, you can keep it where it is.

you won't need the relay on the board for the fuel pump, it will be powered by the dual relay on the L-Jet wiring harness
scotty914
if you have the complete l jet and harness, its plug and play, but you dont need the the relay on the reg board for the fuel pump. the d jet fuel pump will work fine, but you can relocate it up front to prevent some of the hot start issues ( vapor lock )

damn you mueller beat me by one second
KevinP
Thanks for help guys!

I've got the complete Ljet harness-I'll let you know how it goes...

KP
914werke
WARNING OPINION: Why bother ? if you gonna swap a moter from 1.7 go 2.0 ....Easy. The diff youd realize from 1.7 to 1.8 w ould not be worth it. IPB Image
Pnambic
Unless of course the 1.7 doesn't work anymore and the 1.8 does? IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.