Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 center tray between seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
PancakePorsche
I have a 914-6 build date 7/70 which has center plastic tray with the divider inside. I was told 914-6 models had the tray without the divider. Can someone confirm this ?

I have read/heard about the divider- less tray but have never seen one over the years.
toolguy
Mine has the divider with the divided cushion insert to match.
PancakePorsche
QUOTE(toolguy @ Jul 20 2014, 06:30 PM) *

Thank you toolguy. I am thinking only the very earliest sixes may had the non-divided tray.
toolguy
The Factory Parts Book list only one part for the tray, part number 914-521-251.10 and
list that for all early models, not just the Six. . Tray with hinged cover was for later model
fours.
mskala
QUOTE(PancakePorsche @ Jul 21 2014, 12:07 AM) *

QUOTE(toolguy @ Jul 20 2014, 06:30 PM) *

Thank you toolguy. I am thinking only the very earliest sixes may had the non-divided tray.

I will have to look at the parts stash in the basement when I get home.
gms
I have not figured out what the ending time frame is for the non-divider center trays but I can say definitely before March 1970 build 914/4s and 914/6s
mskala
QUOTE(gms @ Jul 21 2014, 04:25 PM) *

I have not figured out what the ending time frame is for the non-divider center trays but I can say definitely before March 1970 build 914/4s and 914/6s

#242, built 01/70: non-divider

Click to view attachment
Racer
My dad's early '70 -6 (#172) has no divider either.

On the otherhand, my early 4 (build Dec '69) by the time we got it in '82, from the original owner, it had a divided tray. Not sure if that was original or replaced.
PancakePorsche
QUOTE(PancakePorsche @ Jul 19 2014, 11:02 PM) *

I have a 914-6 build date 7/70 which has center plastic tray with the divider inside. I was told 914-6 models had the tray without the divider. Can someone confirm this ?

I have read/heard about the divider- less tray but have never seen one over the years.

Thanks for the info guys. I now believe my late 70 build date would have the divided tray therefor is correct. Kinda dig the early one though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.