Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ebay charges 3.90 percent?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DougC
They used to not charge me that much until I signed up for something that I didn't fully read a few month back..now it's almost not worth using. Can I change back to the old rate (LOL)? I don't see that option on their screen, anybody know?

Doug C
vortrex
ebay updated rates for everything 1-2 weeks ago.
anthony
I thought the new rates go into effect in February?
redshift
The layout, the lack of space for pics...

Everything is just a ruse to another market... all the secondary auction 'helper' domains, and programs...

Ebay is hellish.

M
balthazar
I could not believe it when I read about the new rates. They prolly did a market research study or something and figured the xtra $ they would get would offset the business they would lose. Paypal is another evil associated with e-bay. If you add up the all the charges, it's almost like paying taxes.
vortrex
not sure if you watch the stock market but ebay missed their numbers on wed and the stock dropped $20. obviously ebay knew they were not gonna make it so they sent out the new rates email a couple weeks earlier.
anthony
Ebay is a monopoly so they can pretty much charge what they want. With listing fees, ending fees, and paypal fees you end up paying about 10%. But, where else are you going to sell your stuff for good prices? I agree that it sucks and even though they missed their numbers they are still making money hand over fist.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.