Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sad day for Porsches...dozens burned, including one of our own
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biosurfer1
Woke up last week to the news reporting there was a large fire at a tire shop close to work....turns out it was a little more than a tire shop, it was also a Porsche repair shop. When I drove by, its clear the entire lot is a complete write off. It was especially sad to see a fellow 914 among the deceased. Several 356's (real ones, btw), early 911's, etc... about 30 cars in all, not all were Porsches but a large percentage were.

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
sad.gif
KELTY360
sad.gif
jim_hoyland
Can you get the VIN ? should be added to the list of scraped 914s
biosurfer1
No...everything is roped off, police are still investigating several days later.
Krieger
A guy I time trial with lost 2 911s inside that shop. I deleted that picture. Now that I see what happened outside away from the shop it looks kinda fishy.
Dion
DDK is reporting the loss of a RSR and some other historical
high dollar Porsches. Sad.
JRust
icon8.gif Damn that sucks
stateofidleness
Is that where they burned or were they moved there? How did all the cars burn and the building looks perfect?? odd.. that is a sad picture...
horizontally-opposed
Not just any RSR... sad.gif

http://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/sh...peedster-RS-RSR
914_teener
OH man....that is just freakin sad.
SirAndy
sad.gif wow ...
johannes
Idiots are everywhere...
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Krieger @ Jul 20 2014, 07:28 PM) *

A guy I time trial with lost 2 911s inside that shop. I deleted that picture. Now that I see what happened outside away from the shop it looks kinda fishy.

agree.gif Not just "kinda" fishy. Looks really really fishy to me. Did they drag all those cars out after the fire and then pushed them all together? Did the police have all the cars dragged there so they could investigate? This makes me want to barf.gif
jacksun
the first image looks to be a holding area where they moved the cars..

a couple or three in the back have covers.......also there is no debris under any

of those cars, whereas under the last image you see debris..

most likely only moved after fire investigators did their thing.. and being

kept for insurance adjustors, or owners?

jdm914
This definitely makes you sick to your stomach!!
biosurfer1
This isn't even the first time this site has burned. It used to be a 2 story apartment complex that burned down years ago and they rebuilt it into a single story commercial unit.

That substation behind the cars in the first picture is owned by the electric company I work for. We had to shut power off to the area for hours.
rhodyguy
rough count is 17 to 20 cars. what is heaven's name are they doing sitting outside lined up so nicely? and how did the ones in the back, under covers, escape the inferno?
jfort
sickening and suspicious
boxsterfan
Makes my stomach turn. What a sad end for a bunch of beautiful cars.
biosurfer1
That is not where the cars burned, they were moved to the empty lot next to the shop (er, former shop) was.
CptTripps
Holy crap. That sucks.

Honest question: Are the bodys worth anything to build back up as track cars or anything? Engine cores?

I can't imagine they got hot enough to melt the body. Or did they?
carr914
QUOTE(CptTripps @ Jul 22 2014, 02:28 PM) *

Holy crap. That sucks.

Honest question: Are the bodys worth anything to build back up as track cars or anything? Engine cores?

I can't imagine they got hot enough to melt the body. Or did they?

Maybe not melt, but the heat would screw up the Tensile Strength of the Metal that was left
SirAndy
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 22 2014, 11:35 AM) *
Maybe not melt, but the heat would screw up the Tensile Strength of the Metal that was left

agree.gif

All those shells are toast (pun intended) ...
sad.gif
r_towle
Don't smear the shop owner till the truth emerges...
Could have been many things....
halmil
What was the name of the shop?
struckn
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 22 2014, 12:20 PM) *

Don't smear the shop owner till the truth emerges...
Could have been many things....

agree.gif

We had a Boat Motel Marina where the boats are stored on racks under cover and it caught fire burning all the boats (Fiberglass). The cause was a disconnected Boat Battery slipped and rolled the poles againt the Metal Fuel tank.

Damned shame all those cars are gone. sad.gif
pete000
This is as bad as when the train hit the transporter years ago up at the Ventura show. Those pictures were so horrifying just as these are...
Chris Pincetich
OMG tragic losses, in the $$$ millions ?!?! sad.gif
Justinp71
Man what a shame... those cars are already hard to find.

Imagine all the phone calls the shop owner has to make- "Hi Mr.Smith, not sure if you heard, but..."
jcd914
This was pasted on to me at work today.

Shop fire news story

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.