Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Packwood weekend
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
JRust
I have done a total of 5 autoX's in my life. That includes the one at Packwood this weekend. The previous 4 are spread out over 10 years with the last being at WCR in Medford like 3 years ago. Man this is addicting. I had so much stinking fun. Even on my shitty street tires. I was sliding around & just having a ball. I improved my time through out the day. My suby conversion overall was great. Only real improvement would be a nice set of autoX tires. Well probably a better driver too dry.gif . Had an instructor drive it with me in the passenger seat to see what he thought of it. Also see how he would approach everything on the track. Overall my lines were good through the day. He definitely carried more speed in spots I though I was on the edge already. So it was good to see & feel some of the spots I can improve. Damn Jeff(my instructor) beat my best time by 4 seconds in the one run dry.gif . He was really helpful though. I took him with me on all 4 runs yesterday. Today I went by myself with one more run with another guy I knew as an instructor. Tried to push it a little to much with him & spun out. ARGH!

All I know is I need to do some more. I could care less about doing a season or points. It just so damn fun driving.gif . Whats a good autoX tire that won't break the bank? I have an extra set of 8x16 replica fuchs I will throw them on.
brant
Fun!

Tires also age out. So soft dedicated tires deserve to run frequently. Maybe a great street tire or a Toyo r1 that give you an extended bang for your buck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.