Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Torsion bar Adj. ????
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Wofford
I have had my car up on jackstands doing a brake job and the exhaust. After lowering the car back down the drivers side of the car set up higher the the pass. I have rolled the car up and donw the driveway and the rear has evened out but the drivers front is still 1 1/2" higher than the passenger. any suggestions or tricks that would even the front back out.

Mike
Bleyseng
Did you adjust the tbars?
Do you have adjustable rear spring perches? maybe a clip slipped.
You can look to see if a rear spring is stuck or out of the register the spring fits into. If it isn't in the correct spot the spring sits wrong and the car is then tillted.
Geoff
Mike Wofford
No I have not adj. the tbars. I have checked the rear springs and they seem to be in the correct position, I dont have adj. spring perches. Before I lifted the car it sat even.
Mike
Bleyseng
A rear spring must be hanging up or out of register in the perches.
Check them!
seanery
If the car runs, drive it a couple miles...it should settle back down.

I've noticed this on my cars coming off the lift.
rhodyguy
mike, after doing the work you have, just rolling it back and forth prob won't do the job. tab it out or get a 3 day trip ticket, drive it up to my place, and we'll see what we can figure out on the level cement floor in the garage.

kevin
Lawrence
This has happened to my cars in the past - usually a spirited drive to go get some chili dogs and ice cream fixes it.

If it doesn't fix it - well, I feel better about life anyways. smile.gif

-Rusty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.