Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: -SOLD- Dellorto DRLA 40s and linkage - $525 OBO
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ThePaintedMan
Note: This ad is being posted for another member here, Ablesnead. I'll do my best to answer any questions that you might have though.

For sale is a set of Dellorto DRLA 40 carburetors in very good condition. Lorin sent me these carbs for me to inspect and clean up but has since decided to go another direction and has asked me to help sell them for him.

From what I know these were installed on a 1911 and ran well. They throttles operate smoothly and I see no evidence of the dreaded "Dellorto drip". The fuel bowls were very clean and it is obvious that these carbs have not sat out in the rain or been mistreated. I have not rebuilt them as they appear to have been serviced fairly recently. All seals and gaskets are in good shape.

Here are the jetting specs:

Chokes (main venturis): 34 mm
Mains: 150
Idles: 55
Pump jets: 35

Also included is a set of CB Performance linkage and air cleaners. These carbs will be available on 914World for 2 weeks before going to Ebay.
ThePaintedMan
Two more pics. Others available upon request.
billh1963
Scared me...for a minute I thought you were selling mine!
euro911
Click to view attachment

Does the FS stamped in them mean they'll always be For Sale ?

rolleyes.gif
daytona
Hi,
What kind of intake manifold would one use with these carbs?
Thanks,
Bill.
ThePaintedMan
You know me better than that Bill H. smile.gif

To the other Bill, something like these will work well with a street-driven car. http://www.cbperformance.com/ProductDetail...roductCode=3156

There are also shorter intakes that will work, but typically those will net a little less torque in sacrifice for perhaps a couple more hp. There are several different designs out there, from various manufacturers. CB Performance is probably the most popular.

Bdstone914 and a few others here have a lot of used dual carb intake manifolds for sale, probably much cheaper than buying new from CB. You'd just need to place a WTB. I unfortunately don't have any left after I did my last batch of carb rebuilds/sale.
euro911
QUOTE(daytona @ Jul 22 2014, 10:18 AM) *
Hi,
What kind of intake manifold would one use with these carbs?
Thanks,
Bill.
Check these out from CB Performance ... Click here , then give them a call call me.gif

idea.gif
ThePaintedMan
Bumpity bump
ThePaintedMan
Bump for new price. The carbs are easily worth 500 in the shape they're in, combined with the velocity stacks. The linkage retails for over 100 as well. So next stop will be Ebay. smile.gif Thanks for looking.
tweet
These carbs are at an excellent price. I had George do two sets for me and he knows his stuff. There's a guy on Ebay that specializes in carburetors and he sells just one Dellorto bare bones without the velocity stacks at $500 or more. That' s just for ONE.
ablesnead
bump
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.