Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Resourse for my 914 value
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
djm914-6
Having the most joyous time filling out divorce forms...

The state's financial form wants me to list my cars.
The MINI was easy using NADA guide. Looks a bit inflated if you ask me. A 2010 with almost 75000 mikes and no options retails at $12500

The 914 looks way off. A '70 914-4 in bad condition is listed as $9500?!? I'd sell this bitch all day long at $10000

How do I get a real number?
GeorgeRud
Hagerty.com.

Use their price guide at the website as they show the range of cars depending on condition.
r_towle
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Jul 22 2014, 07:34 PM) *

The MINI was easy using NADA guide. Looks a bit inflated if you ask me. A 2010 with almost 75000 mikes and no options retails at $12500

The 914 looks way off. A '70 914-4 in bad condition is listed as $9500?!? I'd sell this bitch all day long at $10000

And I would still buy it all day long.

Rich
djm914-6
Rich, you need to come to my shop in Haverhill. We have a showroom fresh '73 that is just amazing. Perfect 25k mile car as it left the factory. No work has been done to this car in 41 years.
djm914-6
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jul 22 2014, 07:44 PM) *

Hagerty.com.

Use their price guide at the website as they show the range of cars depending on condition.

That looks more reasonable. My car is a "condition 4" or less. At this condition it's worth $6k. Granted it has all -6 parts but the wife's lawyer/ mediator doesn't need to know that.

I have a friend that will look over the car too. He's a licensed appraiser.
Hawk
Never say anything online you can't live with in court. They scour the Internet now in divorce proceedings and have been known to subpoena your hard drive. Hush up now.
It's a piece of crap, not worth more than $3000.
mgp4591
I'll offer 2k, just for backup... divorce is a bitch. No pun intended. Well maybe a little... happy11.gif
Cuda911
Been there, David. It reeks.

Magically, in her court filings the old broken Hyundai I got was worth something on par with a Bugatti, whilst the brand new car she took was worth less than a 1974 Ford Pinto.

There are many ways to value a car. Depending on what's most favorable to you, choose the method that either makes the car valuable or a pile of worthless junk.

Then, if they disagree, let them try and prove otherwise.

P.S.: There's no "official" way to value the cars. It just has to be "reasonable". So, you could use Edmunds, KBB, Haggerty, Ebay, Craig's List, sales from this site, etc.
Big Len
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Jul 23 2014, 03:45 AM) *

Been there, David. It reeks.

Magically, in her court filings the old broken Hyundai I got was worth something on par with a Bugatti, whilst the brand new car she took was worth less than a 1974 Ford Pinto.

There are many ways to value a car. Depending on what's most favorable to you, choose the method that either makes the car valuable or a pile of worthless junk.

Then, if they disagree, let them try and prove otherwise.

P.S.: There's no "official" way to value the cars. It just has to be "reasonable". So, you could use Edmunds, KBB, Haggerty, Ebay, Craig's List, sales from this site, etc.

agree.gif Marriage in general is like overpaying for a rusty 914. Don't do it again.
rhodyguy
Why would the mini be valued at retail? Unless it's to your advantage. The local mini dealer asks A LOT for ok used ones.
c12croft
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Jul 22 2014, 03:34 PM) *

How?
Just sell it.
djm914-6
Don't want to sell it. Not yet anyway. Just trying to fill out the forms and not get screwed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.