Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turn Signal switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914_8
So, I am finally getting around to getting my 914 on the road. I am sorting out the lighting system, and have all working except the turn signals, high beams and dash lights. I haven't torn into it too deep yet, but i did pull the steering wheel and hit the switch with a test light/power probe. I have no juice on any wire but the horn wire…… I did notice that the switch was brittle and worn badly. My question is, is the dash lighting circuit tied into the signal switch? And who sells the best turn signal switch? the only source I have found is AA (yeah I know)….. the car is a 75 2.0 that I converted to a V8.
barebrad
I just replaced my turn signal switch and wiper switch. For the turn signal switch, I purchased a VW beetle switch from CIP. Part number VWC-111-953-513-F. Works perfect.
914_8
Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, CIP is out of stock. Looks like I am stuck ordering from ''those guys''
914Sixer
Try autohausaz.com. $23 Pull up 75 Beetle and order from there.
Valy
You want this:
http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?Pr...C-111-953-519-G

111-953-519-G

They have it in stock but HalfMoon just struggled with one that had 2 connector wires switched. Easy to fix once you know what the problem is.

The extra wire is for your optional wipers water pump.
914_8
Thanks guys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.