Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "...in a few weeks you could drive it.."
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cuda911
My favorite part of the ad for this car:

"In a few weeks you could drive it.."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-914-1-...=US_Cars_Trucks
914Sixer
I think they meant to say a few weeks of MONTHS along with a wad of cash.
Spoke
It even has a special title:

Vehicle Title: Rebuilt, Rebuildable & Reconstructed
bdstone914
Says no rust but you can see rust holes in the front trunk and lots of brown crusty stuff in the front trunk. Sounds like a used car salesman.
cwpeden
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jul 23 2014, 06:15 AM) *

Says no rust but you can see rust holes in the front trunk and lots of brown crusty stuff in the front trunk. Sounds like a used car salesman.

And that isnt even the front trunk. Its an extra front clip with VIN tag in the passenger area. I wonder if this is how they get the numbers to match?
AvalonFal
"pumper chrome perfect".
boogie_man

You've seen this car as we "borrowed" parts from it putting mine together. He's a desperate kid that's giving up on this. He had this car and a parts car. He has had 2 front and rear bumpers sent out and re chromed in a wrapper. He'd take a decent offer I'm sure.
02loftsmoor
are they paying $3000 to come and get it?
green914
QUOTE(02loftsmoor @ Jul 23 2014, 08:23 AM) *

are they paying $3000 to come and get it?

Only if you take all the rust with it. laugh.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(boogie_man @ Jul 23 2014, 08:02 AM) *

You've seen this car as we "borrowed" parts from it putting mine together. He's a desperate kid that's giving up on this. He had this car and a parts car. He has had 2 front and rear bumpers sent out and re chromed in a wrapper. He'd take a decent offer I'm sure.

I take back what I said not knowing who's car it was. He is a good guy and the car is pretty solid. Needs all the assembly obviously. If he has an early chrome bumper I know of a 6 restoration in need of one. If the bumpers are included they should be pictured as they are worth at least $500 each.
Bruce
boogie_man
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jul 23 2014, 10:36 AM) *

QUOTE(boogie_man @ Jul 23 2014, 08:02 AM) *

I take back what I said not knowing who's car it was. He is a good guy and the car is pretty solid. Needs all the assembly obviously. If he has an early chrome bumper I know of a 6 restoration in need of one. If the bumpers are included they should be pictured as they are worth at least $500 each.
Bruce

Yes, it's JP's and he's a starving good kid, I tried real hard to help him finish the car
as he's in the business and could make it a good car, with the right offer, he'd give it up, he used my frame machine to measure it, light pull at the right front. It's in better shape than what I started with. A ton of good parts and YES he has cherry front/rear bumpers that have been re-done in wrappers. He's just desperate to get rid of it now.
Cuda911
Hmmm... I wonder if he'd sell me the bumpers for $500 for the pair.
c12croft
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Jul 23 2014, 12:25 PM) *

Hmmm... I wonder if he'd sell me the bumpers for $500 for the pair.

As in $500 EACH
Don't pick the bones.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.