Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What did you _NOT_ do to your 914 today.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brian_Boss
Failed to remove seats. The seats in a 914 are the easiest to remove of any car I've ever worked on. Not today. Driver's side pops right out. Passenger side won't budge.

OK, I was planning to remove carpet (and save it) anyway so I thought "I'll just remove the carpet before I spray a bunch of solvent on the sliders". Need to remove seat belt bolt to get the side piece off w/out cutting. Bolt is frozen (all others came right out).

So this is when I notice the Kroil can has fallen of the bench and the nozzle is AWOL. Look for it for 5 minutes (really need to clean up bench, floor, whole shop) and give up. No problem, I'll just use the one off the WD-40. Nope wrong size. Same for brakekleen, tap magic, and anything else handy. Why couldn't they just use a standard stem on the can sad.gif sad.gif

I interpreted this as some sort of sign that it was time to quit and go in to my office and get to work.

Misery loves company so I thought I would try a "anti-progress" thread to go along with the "What did you do ..." thread.
SirAndy
I did *not* put it on jackstands biggrin.gif

I also did *not* leave it at home in the driveway this morning!
driving.gif
JStroud
I did *not* take mine off the lift, and I did *not* put the engine back in.......how depressing.....i do *not* like this thread av-943.gif
BeatNavy
FAILED to remove the windshield without breaking it so I could reuse it after the restore and repaint. Had the guitar string in there and was carefully cutting through the seal before I realized that *YES* -- there's the crack in the corner, and it's growing. Friggin' Awesome! Get to buy another windshield! headbang.gif
76-914
I didn't touch mine as it should hit 107F here today. And while I'm at it let me say that I will not touch tomorrow either as it will be 105F, fyou1.gif
bandjoey
Did not blow out the jets to stop the one carb pop when cold on acceleration. Driving was more fun, and Yes Scarlet there's always another day. driving.gif
Johny Blackstain
I did not drive them dry.gif sad.gif
race914
I did *NOT* make any progress on installing Chris Foley's Shift Linkage kit. TOO DARN HOT on the Central CA Coast!!! wacko.gif
turk22
I did *NOT* install the crack free replacement dash I have..

I did *NOT* start to install the fiberglass door panels and recover kits I got from 914Rubber

I did drive it today tho! beerchug.gif
Porschef
Didn't start again on the front sway bar install. Ugh, just don't have it after a day at work.

Sorry Paul, gonna need that welder a *few* mo days... dry.gif
colingreene
Did NOT get my motor shimmed today.
indicated 48 thousanths put 45 in and still have 8 thousanths play in the rotating assembly.
WTF CHUCK!
Todd Enlund
I did *not* drive my 914 today. I never have driven my 914. I did not even see my 914 today. I see it once a month when I visit my storage unit. Hopefully, that will change soon.
r_towle
anything
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 24 2014, 04:21 PM) *

I didn't touch mine as it should hit 107F here today. And while I'm at it let me say that I will not touch tomorrow either as it will be 105F, fyou1.gif

Wimp.. that is a nice summer day here in Texas. I would be in the garage with the fan running and a big cup of water to keep hydrated.

It was only 90 here yesterday, but it was really humid.

I did not finish reinstalling the oil cooler on my six yesterday.
Hank914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jul 25 2014, 05:04 AM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 24 2014, 04:21 PM) *

Wimp.. that is a nice summer day here in Texas. I would be in the garage with the fan running and a big cup of water to keep hydrated.

It was only 90 here yesterday, but it was really humid.

I did not finish reinstalling the oil cooler on my six yesterday.

I did not drive through Redding, CA and their 100+ degrees. But I have before, topless, and it ain't too bad at 70mph. But you know what they say....it's a dry heat, w/o humidity.

I also did not put it on jack stands to drop the engine and pull the tranny, but one of these weekends soon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.