Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One of my projects last week
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Woody
This is the fourth 918 delivered in the US. This is quite the car. I'm going to be hating myself when I have to do any real work to it.

Click to view attachment
Woody
Click to view attachment
Woody
Click to view attachment
Woody
Click to view attachment
Woody
Click to view attachment
AfricanHijinx
beerchug.gif love that thing
914Sixer
I guess I will have to stop by and try not to drool on it. I hope none of the salesmen laugh at the 914.
Todd Enlund
Almost as amazing as the 959 was in it's day.
Woody
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 24 2014, 07:24 PM) *

I guess I will have to stop by and try not to drool on it. I hope none of the salesmen laugh at the 914.

Unfortunately Mark it was delivered last week. I do believe he lives up by you and this will be one of his daily drivers. Our dealership is rather fond of 914s. I have mine, and Chris my parts manager has two. Couple years ago we took one in on trade. I put an accelerator cable in it and it sold the same week.
mgp4591
If I were in your shoes, I'd probably keep it up on the lift, look underneath and just drool... drooley.gif
ThePaintedMan
Woodster, what is involved with getting a 918 ready for delivery? They don't put oil in them from the factory?
Woody
Yes they put oil in them but you must check the level. Activate all the computers and get them to talk with each other. Remove the D-ring center locks used for tying the car down and install the actual centerlocks. Take off all the protective film, checking and topping all the fluids. Make sure the hybrid system is up and running. There's a two page list of things to check and verify on this car prior to delivery so I can go on and on. On this particular car there were software faults that had to be rectified. I would say it took over a full day to get it ready for the customer.
rick 918-S
Ya, It can be challenging to work on a 918-S assimilate.gif

Click to view attachment

I'd rather just wash her. laugh.gif

Click to view attachment
Woody
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jul 24 2014, 11:40 PM) *

Ya, It can be challenging to work on a 918-S assimilate.gif

Click to view attachment

I'd rather just wash her. laugh.gif

Click to view attachment

beerchug.gif
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(Woody @ Jul 24 2014, 11:07 PM) *

Yes they put oil in them but you must check the level. Activate all the computers and get them to talk with each other. Remove the D-ring center locks used for tying the car down and install the actual centerlocks. Take off all the protective film, checking and topping all the fluids. Make sure the hybrid system is up and running. There's a two page list of things to check and verify on this car prior to delivery so I can go on and on. On this particular car there were software faults that had to be rectified. I would say it took over a full day to get it ready for the customer.

Wow, I had no idea. When I worked at as a detailer at a dealership in college, they had us do all of the prep when a car was sold new (removing protective film and washing it was about the extent of it). However, once I had a car that literally had maybe a quart of oil in it from the factory. I noticed it before the salesman or anyone else. Not sure how they even test drove it.

Was just surprised that Porsche had one of their master mechanics taking off film smile.gif Thanks for the insight man, I had no idea there was that much that goes into just getting one of those up and running.
Woody
Normally the porters take the film off but this was a special case. It was a 7 hour PDI not including the software issues that arose.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.