Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Re-Introducing Carrera Parts Online
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flat6parts
My name is Kent, I'm the general manager at Carrera Parts. Per Admin Gint's request, I would like to respond to the entire forum and try to set the record straight.

Regarding "under new ownership": I joined the company 6 months ago (Jan 2014), when the company was restructured and relocated. We have a new location in San Gabriel, CA. I manage 2 employees under me, both of which joined the company within the last 3 months. We are a 3 person company. We all work hard and we don't make any commission. We do our best to provide accurate, detailed photos, and correct factory part numbers. We are all Porsche enthusiasts, some of us are long time P owners and PCA members. We have a 100% success rate of happy 914 customers since 2014!

We recently officially launched our parts web store. I am aware of the bad reputation that has been circulating regarding username "sebring". Certain 914 members like to continually publicly bash me when I and the current staff had nothing to with any of those situations. The wrongdoings and mistakes of the past were the results of a 'bad apple' employee (sebring), and that employee is long gone.

It's impossible to erase the history of the web or undo past mistakes. We are trying everything we can do to put our best foot forward and go above and beyond in customer service. As for reconciliation, any buyer that feels dissatisfied from the past, I am very sorry. It's hard to rectify when I can only hear 1 side of the story, but I will listen to your complaints and I'll see what I can do to offer a fair solution moving forward. Please contact me directly via email, pm, or phone. Thank you.

We would like to offer a special 20% discount coupon that will only be posted here for the 914 World forum. This coupon is good for the next 2 weeks, through August 10. We hope that this gesture will be received as a honest step forward to help mend the wounds of the past and set a good tone for the future. Thanks for reading. Happy driving.

Coupon Code to be entered at store checkout: 914World

http://www.carrerapartsonline.com/index.html
914Sixer
Thank you for being up front. As you stated, you cannot be responsible for the past. Best wishes on a new launch. biggrin.gif
Cuda911
A good introduction.. good luck with the venture.
blitZ
Cool, now I know where to get parts for my 917. Wish you success.
JStroud
Sorry to be the bad guy..... But you're the general manager, with two employees and it's a three person company........ Who owns it? Were they the owner when Sebring worked there, why did he allow it to happen, and if he is still the owner should he be the one on here explaining himself. I've owned several companies, my employees have never done anything I didn't know about or find out, even the bigger ones.

Sorry but all these questions came to mind while reading your post.
It will be tough to regain trust from some.....good luck tho.
boxsterfan
$35 for a broken/cracked side shift cover?

http://www.carrerapartsonline.com/store/p1...%232870%29.html
bmendel
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Jul 25 2014, 09:05 AM) *

$35 for a broken/cracked side shift cover?

http://www.carrerapartsonline.com/store/p1...%232870%29.html

but wait, that's only $28 with the discount
QUOTE(JStroud @ Jul 25 2014, 07:19 AM) *

Sorry to be the bad guy..... But you're the general manager, with two employees and it's a three person company........ Who owns it? Were they the owner when Sebring worked there, why did he allow it to happen, and if he is still the owner should he be the one on here explaining himself. I've owned several companies, my employees have never done anything I didn't know about or find out, even the bigger ones.

Sorry but all these questions came to mind while reading your post.
It will be tough to regain trust from some.....good luck tho.

I was thinking the same thing..but you've keyed it online. Great job piratenanner.gif
mepstein
You recently offered to sell me a side view mirror for $100. The housing was beat up and had glue leaking out from around the mirror. The chrome arm was rusty and was missing the base. You claimed it could be restored to concours. Most all the items I see in your catalog are overpriced and many are mislabeled. You let a former employee screw over so many people, he was banned on multiple Porsche websites. I won't be the first one to try the new, improved version. Good luck.
bmendel
so which of the employees was it who tried to sell the unusable, severely gouged Pinion shaft on the S board for several hundred dollars, is he still there? The response there was so bad, they had to delete the thread.
rhodyguy
Mark, think you might be able to find a cleaner and less expensive mirrors. shades.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 26 2014, 01:39 AM) *

Mark, think you might be able to find a cleaner and less expensive mirrors. shades.gif

Absolutely, 99.9 0/0 of this group are great!
flat6parts
Thank you 914 World for giving us a second chance. Our special coupon is still valid through August 10th!

Coupon Code to be entered at store checkout: 914World

http://www.carrerapartsonline.com/index.html

Best,

Kent

mepstein
I went in to your website. Everything is over priced crap.
No wait, I ment to say, way overpriced crap.

With the cupon, it's just really overpriced...crap
swooshdave
popcorn[1].gif

Don't know nothing about this but popcorn is ready!
DblDog
Just asking... but a 'V' gear set for $1,500? Most of the time you can't even give them away!
Larmo63
A lot of the prices on his site are absurdly high. Check out the 914 mirror for $100. He should throw it away.
scotty b

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvDvTnTGjgQ
rhodyguy
Tough crowd.
02loftsmoor
badly over priced,,,,,,, junk,, sorry
TheCabinetmaker
350 for a steering wheel? Damn! I'm rich! I have ten for sale.
rhodyguy
the line for the gauntlet forms to your left.
Mikey914
Supply and demand
At some point these will be the market price, looks like he will have supply til then.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.