Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seeking an able-bodied 914 aficionado in LI, NY.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
c12croft
Promised myself not to let another summer go by while my 914 snores away in the garage. Top -down renovation 90% completed on it just few years back (no owner is ever fully satisfied) yet I became physically disabled early in the process. I guess I'd hoped to recover enough to return to the helm, but it was not to be. In order to prove the wife wrong, (claims that I only created an expensive paperweight), but actually created a paperweight that looks cool, and eats curves. Exception being that I can no longer drive, but I can still be a kickass Passenger . Not long ago I had someone from World stop by once to help me troubleshoot a small relay issue, nice-as-hell teener, but just can't recall his name.
Maybe he's reading this, or anyone else living near western Suffolk might consider testing the meddle of someone else's 914 around the loopy-loops of LI, I'm begging.
No chips, no tricks, just fun.
bulitt
nolift914 in Rockaway beach
914itis in Queens

Only ones come to mind recently.
Porschef
PM sent. smile.gif
914itis
It was me,
I think my screen name was ppetion then.
I tried to keep on touch by and phone (voicemail )
But you never replied.
Porschef
Hey Paul,

You are dedicated... biggrin.gif
r_towle
If the car and passenger are able, I suggest we do a weekend tour of the northeast...
Drivers can take car and passenger from a-b and pass off the car to the next driver...

Logistics might be odd, but we could take him on a nice long trip.
poorsche914
Drive him down to Okteenerfest. There is always someone attending that needs a seat to sit in. Bonus if it is a driver's seat!

driving.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 24 2014, 09:47 PM) *

If the car and passenger are able, I suggest we do a weekend tour of the northeast...
Drivers can take car and passenger from a-b and pass off the car to the next driver...

If you can make it as far as Manchester I'll give you the shop tour any day, any time.
There are some exciting roads in the area too. driving.gif

Also, my open house is coming up - on September 27th.
rmital
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 24 2014, 10:47 PM) *

this sounds do-able. plenty of us local to start it off. I know the Fall would be good for me. I could start the route and end up in CT by my daughers college and pass off to someone else around Fairfield CT. (or something like that)
c12croft
Sorry, been incommunicado. Spent the past week in the hospital (2 days in ER alone)
Not the place u want to be in the summer ,especially without my iPad.
Finally got chance to follow up on my pathetic post last week. I just hate seeing the car sit - like me.
I'm very grateful to all those who replied, and now I recall you Paul!! Thanks to you.
Paul - good hearted teener , nice son, teener-in-training. I'm sorry we lost touch. I had so much respect for you. I had located some additional parts that I saved for your project car- at the time. You guys r like family.
I long to sit in my car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.