Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: (NPC) We're not alone....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
hehe, followed this guy to a store. told 'im my dad had an etype, etc. asked if i could dhoot some pics.

here ya go,
a v8 powered e type....(he was too busy to pop the hood)
so i had to take a pic thru the louvers
Aaron Cox
here is another
Aaron Cox
here is the engine (sorry, had to shoot thru the louvers in the hood, chevy v8)
tahoward
Back in the 70's there was a shop in Texas that routinely did that conversion. The Jag engines were bad at the time and cost too much to fix so they switched to Chevy.
PatW
It's sacrilege in my humble opinion. To replace a Jag Six with an americian v8 in a E-type. The jag six is a powerfull engine with tractor like torque. I have fond memories of tearing up country backroads and doing third-gear starts, in LA/ Orange county back in the late 70's with my Dad at the wheel. Yes he worked on it a lot. With three SU carbs it never really ran right but, I was the envy of all the neighborhood kids on the block.

Seen a few Big-Block conversations in a Jag Sedans that got my blood pumping rolleyes.gif
Yes still a muscle car fan wacko.gif
GWN7
Here's a site for info: Jags that run.com

cool.gif
Brad Roberts
The Dallas V8 Jag place is still there...

B
Scott S
Yep - Johns Cars in Dallas as I recall.

I had a really nice XJ12 with a very well built 350 in it that we got from them. Sold it off about 4 years ago. It was "restored" cosmetically (I actually entered it in the local concour). We had the Jag shifter adapted to the Chevy trans and the guages re-calibrated, so if you didn't look under the hood you would never have known. We detailed the motor - but with no chrome at all. The valve covers had Jag emblems and the air cleaner actually looked very similar to the factory part as well (we put the Jag air cleaner stickers on it too). I think it was an Edelbrock unit.
Pretty neat car - just really BORING..... the A/C was really good tho'!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.