Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is there room for Another Event?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
I've been thinking about this for awhile and ran it past another member before I ran it up the flag pole. So let's see who salutes...........
I thought it might be fun to have a Camping Event. Don't hang up. Hear me out. It would be in the mountains near Mountain Center here in SoCal. If held in June or July those that wanted to combine a family vacation with this event could do so. Locals could just drive up to us. The weather would be in the 70-80's. Costs about $25 a day + what you eat,drink and gas. Disney is an hour away, should you desire. Fishing and cheap boat rentals are at the campsites. RV hookups too! Wives can shop Idyllwild or Palm Springs. Google Mountain Center and you will it sits in the middle of some very nice mountain roads. There are 2 more mountains within 1 hr drive if we burn up all the roads by the campgrounds. I haven't decided which campground yet as there are at least 10 in that area and thought it best to test the waters first. I've got a year to get the logistics sorted if any interests. confused24.gif
r_towle
Is this camping for real , or "camping"?

Dave likes "camping"
flash914
I was thinking when I retire of traveling around the US in my truck with a lance camper, then I got the thought of flat towing the 914 as a way of doing side trips without having to drive the rig into large towns. This sounds like it could be some trial runs for this setup. Gordon
rick 918-S
Sandy's idea of camping is the Orbit In. Come to think of it I guess it's mine too. wacko.gif smile.gif Could be fun though.
Madswede
Well, I think it's a good idea. I love camping (no quotes) but with a 914 it can be tricky to get it filled up with the gear, not to mention get to where I would consider worthy of real camping. sunglasses.gif

I'm interested in what you sound like you're suggesting, though. It sounds like "camping" to me, though probably not the way Dave is thinking (it's best not to ask). I mean "car camping" when I use quotes, basically at an RV park or park-n-tent campsites or similar where there are bathrooms. I love mountain drives! Can't get enough of 'em. aktion035.gif

If it's about a year from now, I could use the excuse of visiting relatives in SoCal to get all the way out to California for a 914 event. idea.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jul 25 2014, 12:05 PM) *

Sandy's idea of camping is the Orbit In. Come to think of it I guess it's mine too. wacko.gif smile.gif Could be fun though.

Right with ya on that one. biggrin.gif
michael7810
I'm interested; we like car camping…but driving a 914 to SoCal in June/July from PHX is a show stopper. If it's a go I'll be in something with AC. Keep us posted.
balljoint
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 24 2014, 09:31 PM) *

Is this camping for real , or "camping"?

Dave likes "camping"

confused24.gif

I like both.

As long as I get to be the top slice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.