Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Air Flaps
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flatsix777
I've just bought a '72 1.7 and would appreciate a little guidance on air flaps. The righthand flap (viewed from rear of car) doesn't move freely. Everything else works fine so I need to get to it, unstick and grease it. Is it possible to do this without dropping the motor?

Car is below. Many thanks
David
Click to view attachment
cary
Just finished up tinkering with mine. Engine out, sitting on surgery table.
Try loosening the two holding tabs and slide it side to side. Might have shifted over.
76-914
Yes.
rhodyguy
the 2 little plastic bushings the rod pivots in need to be in place. it's possible the the pass side of the rod , there is a push on clip that goes on the arm of the deflector, has popped off. you would have to remove the pass side engine tin to see what's going on. a hassle with the engine in. are there other things you need/would want to address while the engine was out? kill multiple birds with one shot.

k
flatsix777
Thanks, I will try and do this with the motor undisturbed as otherwise I don't need to pull.

David
SLITS
If your car came from a warmer climate, the PO could have secured the flap with a screw. That flap is the bypass mode for the oil cooler. I have seen a couple of cars where the flap was screwed down to the oil cooler frame thereby having cooling air constantly blowing thru the oil cooler.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.