Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stumped Again - Rear Targa Pad Removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CptTripps
I've got a sneaking suspission that something is not right with my rear targa pad. I've removed every screw I can find, and it's catching on SOMETHING. Is there a trick to it's removal? Should I take the latches out first?
markb
You've removed the side pieces, right? Other than that, your guess is as good as mine. IPB Image
jim912928
hmmm...i had mine out this summer and don't remember. But, make sure the sides ones are off first, then take out all screws (there are some on the front and some going in from the bottom). There might be some "hooks" like the backpad had (I know there were on my 911 targa...that was a pain and the one I remember). Pull it forward and not down if this is the case. I never took my latches off so that is not the issue.
Jeffs9146
You take it out in one piece!

Remove the seatbelts and push up on the pad! There are clips that hold the pad in along the top! You need to push up to release the clips!

Jeff
jim912928
Jeff..I believe he's talking about the rear targa bar pad...not the back pad
Jeffs9146
Oh...My Bad!! IPB Image
Jeffs9146
Did you remove the latches? IPB Image

Jeff
rhodyguy
unhook the springs. they are independent of the pad.

k
double-a
i did this last night in fact. i found that many of the screws "feel" like they're out, but are still partially threaded. make sure the're all out and it should come off. the underside screws are easy to remove altogether, and that's probably a good idea. the front screws are more difficult, they're a pain to locate in the first place and sometimes it's hard to tell if they're completely loosened or not.

if you're sure you have all the screws out, you may be catching on the latches a bit. it'll work.

~a
vortrex
yup, the screws are really buried on that thing.
Jeffs9146
OK, I pulled out my old pad and there are 12 Screws and it looks like the unit slides out twards the front not down. The latch handles will get in the way but you sould be able to work around them. I loosened my latches and then removed everything.

I can post a photo of the piece removed if you would like!?

Jeff
CptTripps
QUOTE (Jeffs9146 @ Jan 22 2005, 03:06 PM)
I can post a photo of the piece removed if you would like!?

Thanks! That would help a ton.

I've got just about every other piece out of the interior...I'm not sure why this one is giving me such a hard time!
double-a
I'm not sure why this one is giving me such a hard time!

don't feel bad, it's a royal pain to get out. took me quite a long time the first time i tried.

~a
Jeffs9146
Thanks! That would help a ton.

Sorry, I left the house before you responded. I will shoot a photo tomorow when I get back to Discovery Bay tomorow.

Jeff
CptTripps
Ever get that photo? It's still the only piece of the interior intact. =)

I won't be doing anything to the pain for ne next couple of days. I've got to replace the floor pans, so that'll take my weekend.

Whenever...
Jeffs9146
Sorry, I never made it back to my house. I ended up going to Tahoe and skiing!

Here are a few photos. If you need larger ones let me know and I will e-mail them to you!!

Jeff
Jeffs9146
Jeffs9146
Jeffs9146
Jeffs9146
Jeffs9146
Jeffs9146
Jeffs9146
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.