Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73 1.7l fuel pump replacement specs needed; NAPA Canada part numbers aren't the same as U.S.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
doug_b_928
Oddly, NAPA Canada's part numbers don't cross over into the U.S. (e.g., BSH 69133 doesn't show up on their computers here). I'd appreciate it if someone could give me the specs (flow rate etc.) that I can tell to FLAPS here so that I get one that will work. I'm sure they have the Bosch one here, but without a part number I don't know which one to get.

Also, are there specific specs for the fuel filter? If so, those would be great too if anyone has them.

Thanks!
Cap'n Krusty
NAPA sells the replacement pump for the '75-'76 cars only. Ask for one for a '75-'79 VW Bug or Bus, or a '80-'90 Vanagon. All those vehicles, at least in the US, had L-jet EFI. You'll need the square plastic fuel filter that goes with the pump, and some 12mm hose.

The Cap'n
doug_b_928
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jul 25 2014, 10:34 AM) *

NAPA sells the replacement pump for the '75-'76 cars only. Ask for one for a '75-'79 VW Bug or Bus, or a '80-'90 Vanagon. All those vehicles, at least in the US, had L-jet EFI. You'll need the square plastic fuel filter that goes with the pump, and some 12mm hose.

The Cap'n

Thanks, Cap'n. So, forgive my ignorance, the Ljet fuel pump works fine for a Djet? Also, will the sock/strainer for any one of those vehicles you mentioned work?
JawjaPorsche
NAPA part number BSH 69133
doug_b_928
Yeah, I saw that one on the forum. But NAPA Canada doesn't have the same part numbers for some bizarre reason.
SLITS
It's all the same except for two port vs the original 3 port and the electrical connection (posts not a plug). Will work just fine.

It used to run under part number N69133 down here, but Canada doesn't show that part number either.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(doug_b_928 @ Jul 25 2014, 08:38 AM) *

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jul 25 2014, 10:34 AM) *

The Cap'n

Thanks, Cap'n. So, forgive my ignorance, the Ljet fuel pump works fine for a Djet? Also, will the sock/strainer for any one of those vehicles you mentioned work?

Use the correct 914 strainer. They're pretty cheap, and postage isn't much. If you can't find the pump, lemme know and I'll see what I can do to help you out.

The Cap'n
doug_b_928
^^^Okay, thanks. I'm going to take the original sock out and see if I can clean it, just as a temporary solution to see if I can get the engine to fire. Not sure if the fuel pump isn't pumping or if not enough gas is flowing due to plugged sock. I have blown out the lines from the pump to the engine and the pump makes a noise when I turn the key, but it's the original pump so may be shot anyway.
913B
Robert got everything you need.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...110158&st=0
Cap'n Krusty
You should be able to see the sock if you remove the filler neck. Might wanna look for rust in the tank, too. Are you sure you have the fuel line connections correct?

The Cap'n
doug_b_928
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jul 26 2014, 11:57 AM) *

You should be able to see the sock if you remove the filler neck. Might wanna look for rust in the tank, too. Are you sure you have the fuel line connections correct?

The Cap'n

Okay, will check this afternoon. Yeah, the connections are as they were when it used to run. I put about a half a gallon of gas in and nothing happened. When I disconnected the pump there was fuel there, but it didn't run out very quickly and not all of it. Will inspect the sock and inside of tank and report back.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.