Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: life relocation...and explanation.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
montoya 73 2.0
I havent been here in a long while. I have to say im sorry to a few people as i fell off the face of the earth.

Things have not been good at home for about a year now. So to that, the wife and i have seperated with no chance to make this marriage work. It is not what i wanted but i have made my peace with it.

i will be moving out of oregon back to paso robles, california area. I am here now, just had a interview with my previous employer and they offered me a fulltime position. I start september 1st.

Just giving to those that have been wondering an fyi...that is all...back to your regularly scheduled whatever

Drew.
914werke
Good luck Drew
Cap'n Krusty
Life's tougher if you can't accept and move on. Glad to hear you're making a positive move. Welcome back to the Central Coast! BTW, in Paso you have to drink, bathe, and wash your car with wine, 'cause there's a water shortage ....................

The Cap'n
PanelBilly
Looks like you have an adventure in store. Hope the new/old job brings some fun. What will you be doing? Have you found a place to live?
montoya 73 2.0
I havent found a place to live yet. I interviewed yesterday and today i am sitting here waiting for a physical and drug screening. Then i go house hunting. Its more appartment hunting for now. Once im here fully then i will look into a house. I need atleast a 2 bedroom with a 5 car garage! Just your basics. Ha, but seriously i will be heading back to oregon saturday morning to finish packing, and then move the 914 to storage, say bye to the daughters (which is going to be the hardest thing i have ever attempted) and im gone.

I will be a mechanical designer and drafter for a interconnect company named Glenair, based out of Glendale California.

E-L-L-I-O-T, where are you?
montoya 73 2.0
Cap'n i was just told of the water shortage and that it is now law that your grass can not be taller than 3 inches. Not to mention there are only a few days a week you can water your grass for a few minutes without any whatsoever run off. All of these are fineable by the guy that drives around keeping his eyes on everyone. Oh, not to mention the neighbors that will turn you in of course.
Black22
Good luck to you Drew! beerchug.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Jul 25 2014, 09:04 AM) *

I havent found a place to live yet. I interviewed yesterday and today i am sitting here waiting for a physical and drug screening. Then i go house hunting. Its more appartment hunting for now. Once im here fully then i will look into a house. I need atleast a 2 bedroom with a 5 car garage! Just your basics. Ha, but seriously i will be heading back to oregon saturday morning to finish packing, and then move the 914 to storage, say bye to the daughters (which is going to be the hardest thing i have ever attempted) and im gone.

I will be a mechanical designer and drafter for a interconnect company named Glenair, based out of Glendale California.

E-L-L-I-O-T, where are you?

Still here. PM me. Sorry about your trouble. Welcome back to PR.
matthepcat
How long since you left Paso? Changed quite a bit in the last 10 years, but the central coast is some beautiful country.
balljoint
Every time I am in Paso Robles I stay at Elliot's.

He has never been home at the same time mind you...

smile.gif
aircooledtechguy
All the best to you and yours Drew. Stay positive and keep moving forward.
JRust
Congrats on the new job there Drew. Life has so many peaks & valleys. Sounds like you;ve been down for a while. Good to see things looking up my friend. Now you just need to get your 914 down there & working so you have a cool car to drive evilgrin.gif
montoya 73 2.0
*update: I am now in Paso Robles. The move is 3/4 complete. The Teener and the majority of my stuff is in a storage unit in Oregon. Now I just wait till I can save some money to rent a house with a garage so I can bring my stuff home. Other than that I start work sept. 2nd and life starts over again.
Bleyseng
Shit, life is good then! New job, new town so you can't beat that unless you bring you 914 down to drive to work every day.
pcar916
You're free. Good luck
EdwardBlume
Life is like a 914. It sure is good to be on the road with the wind in your face, but sometimes you just end up on jack stands for awhile.

PR is a cool town and it just got a little cooler.

Good luck with the job and restart. aktion035.gif
jim_hoyland
Good to hear you're on a fresh track Drew.
maf914
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Aug 28 2014, 11:09 PM) *

The Teener and the majority of my stuff is in a storage unit in Oregon.

Best of luck moving forward.

I just want to comment from experience that storage units can be as addictive as jack stands. Plus they cost a lot more. Don't leave your stuff in there too long.
JawjaPorsche
My mantra has always been everything happens for a reason. Sometimes those reasons do not make sense to us at the time or at all. But God sees the larger picture and will always guide us to the path that we need.

I have been where you are now. I am sure there are several members of 914World that has experienced the same thing.

You have our support and understanding. Good luck.

Terry
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(balljoint @ Jul 26 2014, 11:35 AM) *

smile.gif

Me too. I'm surprised we haven't bumped into each other. I had to change the locks because Elliot kept trying to get in. The new key is stashed under the daisy at the front door.
davep
The best of luck with your new situation. I hope your separation from the girls is not permanent.
TheCabinetmaker
[uote name='maf914' date='Aug 29 2014, 08:29 AM' post='20797'
[quote name='montoyaand 079658'date='Aug 28 2014, 11:09 PM']
The Teener and the majority of my stuff is in a storage unit in Oregon. [/quote]

Best of luck moving forward.

I just want to comment from experience that storage units can be as addictive as jack stands. Plus they cost a lot more. Don't leave your stuff in there too long.
[/quote]

I agree. I rented a storage unit for a few months to store my gf's stuff when she moved in with me.
A year later I realized I had spent $1100.00 bucks on rent. I dumped her junk and the storage.
914_teener
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Aug 29 2014, 07:51 AM) *

smile.gif

Me too. I'm surprised we haven't bumped into each other. I had to change the locks because Elliot kept trying to get in. The new key is stashed under the daisy at the front door.

av-943.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Aug 29 2014, 07:51 AM) *

smile.gif

Might wanna be a little careful looking for that key under the daisy. Daisy is a 115 lb. Rottweiler with a bad attitude .....................

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.