Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pics from Donut Delinquents
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JoeSharp
I go just about every saterday that I can walk.
JoeSharp
V12 Lincon
JoeSharp
54 Carreror Speedster
JoeSharp
The top comes off
JoeSharp
And of corse a 1500 4 camer
JoeSharp
But I haddent noticed until today that they had twin plugs
HarveyH
Seeing the V12 picture IPB Image reminded me of a story a friend of mine told: He used to work at a David Brown Industries (Aston-Lagonda) depot, and a customer left his car off for an extended time with the instructions to go over the car completely. One of his co-workers who was known for abusing certain substances tending to make one extremely detail oriented, decided to really dress up the engine. Apparently he stoned down each of the flat washers so that when properly torqued, the flats of all of the acorn nuts were parallel. IPB Image

Harvey
Howard
Where is this? Great collection of cars. Can't stop thinking about the crankshaft of the 1500. More moving parts than a new Toyota IPB Image
jim_hoyland
Nice pics Joe; haven't had the time to make it there yet. Your pics may be an incentive
aylanco
QUOTE (Joe Sharp @ Jan 22 2005, 08:36 AM)
54 Carreror Speedster

Neat car but it is not a '54 Speedster.

It could be one of two things: A '56 or later Speedster with a T-5B nose spliced onto it (the rockers appear that they are not rolled under like the pre-A cars, and the nose is definately T-5B) or it is a T-5 Roadster with a Speedster windshield frame.

Neither choice is more likely than the other, so who knows? If you go there regularly I would love to find out which one it is...
East coaster
Crazy ass co-incidence, but the Travel channel has a special on muscle cars on right now and they're doing a whole piece on the "donut delinquents". It was just weird to be surfin' the club and see this thread while watching the show. I had never heard of it before? looks like a cool thing to check out!
lagunero
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 22 2005, 09:18 AM)
Where is this? Great collection of cars. Can't stop thinking about the crankshaft of the 1500. More moving parts than a new Toyota IPB Image

I believe it's at Donut Derelicts on Adams and Magnolia in HB CA. Where Skilne was offering to meet at the end of the month.
boxstr
Joe don't hesitate to post more pics if you have them. I would like to attend one of the DD events.
CCLINKEWLHOTROD
JoeSharp
I happened on the Delinquents back in 1980 when i first bought my house. My first wife and I were out looking for a donut on a saturday morning. We saw about 10 cars there then. Now there is about 250 cars there at 6 AM, they start showing up before the donut shop opens at 4AM. This is a gathering that turned into a club. I've seen Carol Shelby there, Ive seen people from all over the world there looking for cars.
boxstr
I have seen it featured on Car Crazy and Rides.
CCLINPRAISETHELOWERED
red914
glad to see you made it back to camp, safe and sound. would your old pickup qualify for these get together?

thanks for transporting the lights, btw. dino is definitely up for a camp-ing trip this spring/summer; road trip!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.