Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OH MAN!!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scottb
with winds of 30-50 mph. guess i will be using the snow blower tomorrow morning eh?

will post pics if we do get spanked that hard. should look pretty cool.

kids can hardly wait... 'can we go sledding tomorrow dad?!' they don't understand that 2-3 feet of light fluffy stuff is not great for sledding. maybe we can dig tunnels in the backyard. now that would be fun!

local station says it is currently 0F with a windchill of -12F

and to everyone outside in warmer climes driving their cars ..... IPB Image IPB Image
seanery
it missed here, forecast a possible 6-10, so far, not even a flake
jim912928
I got about 8" last night and it's still snowing.
Howard
QUOTE (jim912928 @ Jan 22 2005, 09:09 AM)

Yeah, but did it snow last night?
GWN7
Bring a shovel inside with you so you can tunnel out afterwards. IPB Image IPB Image

Here's a snow pile outside work this morning as the sun came up. It's 2 1/2 storys high and 1/2 a city block long
Part Pricer
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 22 2005, 12:12 PM)
QUOTE (jim912928 @ Jan 22 2005, 09:09 AM)

Yeah, but did it snow last night?

Haha. That's funny IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

However, it is in violation of the unwritten club rule 2.6.3. Hang on a minute while I look up the punishment...

As yes, here it is...you are hereby sentenced to a three minute time out to be served in the "comfy chair". That should teach you.

IPB Image
joea9146
Well the First Flakes have just started to Fall lets see how long it lasts and how Much we get IPB Image
They are saying 12-24 inches
crash914
Yep, flakes just started....2:40 pm forcast is 8-12inches
scottb
just started snowing about 20 min ago here.....

was weird. didn't ease into it, just started dumping....

hehehehe.... this is gonna be fun....(insert snowblower smiley)

nice pot of homemade chicken noodle soup on the stove, beers in the fridge and pay per view on the idiot box.... that and hu&m%r and i would be set!
grantsfo
I'm having a beer on my deck, its sunny and mid seventies here in California. Was thinking of taking a top off drive its so nice. IPB Image
vortrex
been getting it for the past 2 hrs here.
Rhodes71/914
Has been hitting 60 here every day for the last 5 or 6 days, melting all the snow. More like April weather than Mid January.

If the engine was in the teener I would take it for a drive, with the top off of course.
jd74914
I just got home from office max. On the way I saw alot of people sliding, and a ton of ambulances and rescue trucks (I left for home one the snow started falling too, all of these accidents were within 20mins of its start) IPB Image
Scary sh*t

national weather service says blizard conditions IPB Image
SpecialK
Ooooo....snow! Seems all we get here is sleet and freezing rain IPB Image

If it's a good packing snow, get out the plastic buckets and make an igloo IPB Image , the kids (when they were little) and I had a blast making it, and they and their friends played in it for weeks!
jd74914
right now its all powdery. Its cold here. @9:00 the temperature was -5 w/o windchill, nows its about 11degrees
SirAndy
QUOTE (scottb @ Jan 22 2005, 09:02 AM)
and to everyone outside in warmer climes driving their cars ..... IPB Image IPB Image

mid 70s, sunshine, no clouds, drove the teener with the top off ...

just another typical CA winter day ...
IPB Image Andy
jd74914
IPB Image
SpecialK
IPB Image

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
scottb
hey andy!!!

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

not that i am jealous or anything.... IPB Image

to be honest, 4 seasons are great. you get to complain it is too hot, too cold, too wet, too dry, all year round. though, i would like a nice run up the coast right now and margarita overlooking the ocean.....

(ps... just saw a snowmobile go down the street so to all you warmer folks.... IPB Image )
scotty914
all tha kali guys dont know what fun it is to go out in the snow and play, be it throwing snow balls, digging snow houses, doing dounts in parking lots with out burning up tires, hey get the kids a rope, an inner tube, find a big parking lots and do the best impression you can do of AXing a truck in the snow, with the kids holding on to the rope, riding the inner tube
xitspd
Hey! Us Kali guys know what snow is! We can see it in the distance while we are tanning on our sun decks drinking a cold one!

Dan SoCal
scotty914
at least our 4 wheel drives are not for looks or mud slides
SirAndy
QUOTE (scott thacher @ Jan 22 2005, 06:26 PM)
all tha kali guys dont know what fun it is to go out in the snow and play

au contraire my friend!

i went to the beach today, offshore winds (makes for perfect weather at the beach!), 70s, no wind, warm!
the water was about 2" cold tho ...

all it takes is a 3 hour drive to tahoe and i can play in 19' (yes, nineteen!) of fresh snow ...

gotta love this crazy country!
IPB Image Andy

PS: the only other country with this crazy extremes i can think of is new zealand ...
J P Stein
Nice pic of the Kali hills. How come nuthin's on fire?
MattR
IPB Image
ejm
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Jan 22 2005, 11:31 PM)
Nice pic of the Kali hills. How come nuthin's on fire?

Mud slides have buried everything flammable IPB Image
r_towle
WOW, im tired and I have a plow and a snow blower.

I would say around 20 " here...over my knees trying to get out to the barn to dig out.

Roof had 40" snow drifts on it...had to get those off..

I now have some huge snowbanks....nice warm fire...family time...playing in the snow...I did think about my 914 today....my son (who gets his license in march) is thinking alot about the race car and he really wants to beat me in the autocross...

Rich
TC/914
We live in Kingston, right between Plymouth and Duxbury on the South East Massachusetts coast. After everything was played out last night I woke up to almost three feet of snow covering the front yard and street and drifts to the top of the cars in the driveway. Had to use a front end loader to clear everything away out front, and a Bobcat to get the stuff away from the side of the house. Pretty serious snow around here, probably due to the ocean and all.

The 914 doesn't have glass in the passenger side . . . THAT'S gonna be interesting when shovel over to it . . . when I FIND it . . .

Luck,

TC
URY914
You guys need one of these.... IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
scotty914
go to vermont in the winter something like 12 feet of snow every year in some parts, they cant use snow plows. they use snow blowers bigger than the above one, i have seen some with a 6 foot tall opening. in a few areas where the drifts cover the roads daily they have metal detectors in the front of the plow so they dont chew up cars, that were buried. i did see apic years ago of a feiro that the front end got eatin up to the wingsheild, said something like not enough metal to pick up till it got closer to the engine.
aircooledboy
We didn't get 20", but with the 50 mph winds, I had 5' foot drifts in the driveway. IPB Image

This pic is deceiving, but this was the veiw out of my shop w/ the double door open yesterday.

I think I'll leave the top on today. IPB Image
aircooledboy
Kind of a cool pic, this was my driveway before I got the loader moving.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.