Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's a Six!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
Got the six this morning. Most of it anyway. I will pick up the rest of it later. I hurt my back putting it in the truck and now I can barely lift my propel to take a drink. I just downed 1000mg of Ibuprofin so I am hoping it helps. Anyway. I know someone will post IPB Image
skline
Another
skline
another
skline
Can you tell its been sitting for about a year?
skline
more yet
skline
uh huh
skline
just a few more
Rusty
QUOTE (skline @ Jan 22 2005, 12:22 PM)
Can you tell its been sitting for about a year?

I can tell. IPB Image

All the oil leaked out! IPB Image
skline
Last one. Whats it worth? Any offers?
Rusty
Is that a 3.0 or 3.2 turbo case?

(Case part number is 930.101.104.4R)
skline
QUOTE (Lawrence @ Jan 22 2005, 09:29 AM)
Is that a 3.0 or 3.2 turbo case?

(Case part number is 930.101.104.??)

The last 2 numbers are 4R, Not sure, I tried to look it up in PET but couldnt find it. You tell me.
Rusty
You're right. I can barely read them. Guess I'm going to need glasses soon. Sucks to get old.

(edited for technical accuracy. thanks, sixnotfour.)

Where did you get this toy, Scott? IPB Image
sixnotfour
First Three Digits 930 Alum case
campbellcj
"Some assembly required" IPB Image
Howard
Scott, time to form our support group. WTF were we thinking? Supposed to get the rest of parts for my 2.7 today.
echocanyons
Scott there should be another number near the fan housing.

It should only be a six digit case number with stars on either side of it

Near that should be a 930/16 like stamped number, this should tell the year and model of the engine
TimT
thats a 3.0L case, the 3.2 doesnt have a removeable sump cover
echocanyons
SC pageyou can then reference it to the numbers on this site
skline
I just limped out and looked but didnt see any numbers near the fan shroud.
echocanyons
here
Flat VW
Lust limped,

OHH, that's not good IPB Image

Beer goes good with pain meds! IPB Image
echocanyons
The case production number shout be verticle where the left arrow is, you should look down upon the case near the second arrow to ee the other number. It is pretty small so if there is debris you might have to rmove it(looks clean though)
skline
I looked both of those places but didnt see any, but I cant really twist myself into a decent position to see it very clear and I sure as hell aint going to try to move it right now. Maybe later when it is out of the truck.
Howard
mine has *6550588* and 911/44

Does that tell you anything?
Martin Baker
911/44 = 2.7 911S for California CIS Injection 8.5 to 1 Compression, 160 HP @ 5800 RPM, 162 FT/LBS Peak Torque

Reference PORSCHE 911 Handbook, by Bruce Anderson, 2nd Edition, Page 109
Series9
Are we trying to figure out the engine type?

If so, with its 930 case number and CIS pistons, it has to be a 3.0 SC motor. Also, I think I see two sets of chain covers. One for early tensioners and one set for the Carrera update.

If you guys already knew this, sorry for the interruption.
Series9
QUOTE (skline @ Jan 22 2005, 10:24 AM)
Last one. Whats it worth? Any offers?

Hi Scott,

What comes with it? Induction?

How much do you want?

I might want it. I love building sixes and we could probably find it a new home, here in the club.
Howard
QUOTE (Martin Baker @ Jan 22 2005, 11:10 AM)
911/44 = 2.7 911S for California CIS Injection 8.5 to 1 Compression, 160 HP @ 5800 RPM, 162 FT/LBS Peak Torque

Thanks, Martin. Overall, good engine? Or known problems?

Apologize for the hijack, but supposed to buy cis, dizzy, fan and alternator tomorrow for $500. Don't want to start project with a known turkey.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 22 2005, 12:43 PM)
QUOTE (Martin Baker @ Jan 22 2005, 11:10 AM)

Thanks, Martin. Overall, good engine? Or known problems?

Apologize for the hijack, but supposed to buy cis, dizzy, fan and alternator tomorrow for $500. Don't want to start project with a known turkey.

i thought the CA ones ran way hot because of thermal reactors IPB Image
Eric_Shea
930 case numbers were on all the 3.0 blocks. Mine's a 930/07.

I'll give you $800.00 for that one IPB Image
IronHillRestorations
If the valve covers were bead blasted you need to wash the hooey out of them with a scrub brush and soap and water, then wash them again. It's not adviseable to bead blast the oil side of aluminum or magnesium components. Non ferrous cast metal can retain glass bead particles, and release them after they've got good and hot. You don't really don't want to find this out the hard way IPB Image

I'm guessing you didn't have any choice in the matter. FYI, walnut shells or plastic media is the only way to go.

Congrats on the purchase IPB Image Now you just need to get some conversion parts from me IPB Image
skline
QUOTE (9146986 @ Jan 22 2005, 12:49 PM)

Congrats on the purchase IPB Image Now you just need to get some conversion parts from me IPB Image

I sent you a PM already.
sixnotfour
If there is no numbresin the ares noted previously, then it is a Factory replacement case, If the the end of crankshaft has no holes drilled and tapped in it (For late pilot bearing) and Judging by the head casting dates it is probably 78-79 SC engine. Or not depends on the PO also.
If your going sell let me know . runners go for 3k IPB Image
Jeff
skline
Well, I can get it put all together but I dont know if I want to spend any time on it or money at this point. With it apart, you can tell what has been done to it. If I put it all together, you wont see thats it has all been rebuilt. I dont know, what do you think?
sixnotfour
Sellit asis make couple bucks and be Happy !

Unless you have project in mind. IPB Image IPB Image
Series9
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Jan 22 2005, 01:42 PM)

I'll give you $800.00 for that one IPB Image

I'll give you $801. IPB Image
skline
And the bidding starts. I would rather trade it for a running 914 in restorable condition that I can drive around town here. Restorable meaning, I dont want to replace longs or suspension points but minor body and paint I can handle. Interior I can handle. In fact, I can handle anything on the car but I dont want to have to replace longs or body parts in general. BTDT.
Dr Evil
Wow! Man you scored! It even has the porsche cylinder holding tools on it. It is later model due to the 9 bolt crank, and is definetly CIS. Nice case. I am jealous.
Rusty
QUOTE (skline @ Jan 22 2005, 05:46 PM)
And the bidding starts. I would rather trade it for a running 914 in restorable condition that I can drive around town here. Restorable meaning, I dont want to replace longs or suspension points but minor body and paint I can handle. Interior I can handle. In fact, I can handle anything on the car but I dont want to have to replace longs or body parts in general. BTDT.

Give me a few hours... I might have a deal for you.

-L
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.