Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stock wheel offset?...7 in wheels? Suspension?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Freezin 914
I have a stock 74 914, and looking to possibly buy some 15 by 7 wheels. I am not sure if they will fit on my car. What offsets if any will fit this setup? Also, I was told the rear springs have sagged, do I replace these springs with stock springs or go to a heavier spring rate. I like the car to sit as low in the rear as it already sits and I plan the lower the front to have a slight rake to it. I only drive the car on the street, and do some occasional "spirited" driving. Any info would help this 914 newbie!Click to view attachment
Elliot Cannon
Max. back spacing is about 5 1/2 inches. That seems to work well for the rear. For front, mine took about 8mm spacer so the tires didn't rub. They also work better right side up. lol-2.gif
Freezin 914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jul 27 2014, 01:56 PM) *

Max. back spacing is about 5 1/2 inches. That seems to work well for the rear. For front, mine took about 8mm spacer so the tires didn't rub. They also work better right side up. lol-2.gif

I think I have it right side up now. I think the guy said the wheels had a 25 ET offset? Any thoughts on the suspension?
damesandhotrods
I’m pretty sure ET25 will hit the fender. I believe you need to be looking at ETs in high 30s and low 40s.
draganc
Rim width is only half of the equation. You need to know the offset or ET (EinpressTiefe) of the rim you want to buy.

You can Google offset/ETD calculator or us the attached picture and measure it yourself.
CrashDown
VTO makes a set of 4 lug 16x7's with backspacing for 914's. They are gorgeous wheels.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-NEW-VTO-WHEELS-1...a43&vxp=mtr

Those are the only other wheel I would ever think of running on my car. Like everyone else will say, measure measure measure. remember to take into account the bulge of the sidewall when it comes to clearance. A lot of people forget about it.

Not many 7" 4x130's out there. but you might get lucky and find something super unique.

Here's mine:
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.