Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So I got this speeding ticket and...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MartyYeoman
So I got this speeding ticket and petitioned the court for a traffic school dismissal.
The paperwork they sent contains both a list of "brick and mortor" schools and "internet" schools.

Anybody have experience with these internet sites.
Cost? Time commitment? Reputation?

All input gladly taken.
14Maschine
The online traffic school is legit. If you dont want to sit in a room for 6 hours on the weekend. I think you take an exam online. Then you can print your certificate to take to the court house and DMV.

Yowww! Yowww! Yowww! Rrrrrrrrr.......

I havnt gotten a speeding ticket yet. IPB Image
bperry
The ones in Texas are kind of funny.
A friend of mine took one a few years back.
You watch little movies and answer questions.
The questions are a joke, really easy. So to ensure that you don't wander
off and try to do other things while all this is going on they will
flash up "secret words" at the bottom of the video and then ask
you for them later. Example: while a car was driving in the video the word
"BUTTER" appeared at the bottom of the video for 3-5 seconds.
Then when the video completed, it asked you to fill in a blank with
the secret word. Miss one word, and you have to start all over again!
He liked it but it didn't save him any time. He still burned nearly 8 hours.

--- bill
campbellcj
Knock on wood it's been years since my last ticket, but that time I did an at home video (tape/DVD not online) traffic school.

It is DEFINITELY the way to go; yes it takes the same amount of time BUT you can do it whenever the hell you want and can break it up in chunks. I'd rather sit on the couch at home w/ beer in hand then in some room with no windows listening to a bad comedian who can't get real work...
ematulac
I used InternetTrafficSchool.com last year and it worked out great. I was able to do most of it on my lunch break or after the kids were asleep. Sure beats spending a day in class.
DJsRepS
In Fla one only takes the class for points. The insurance still sees the ticket and raises your rates. It does not erase the ticket so the FHP still sees the ticket in court to add to a repete offender. The only benefit is it will remove the points off your licence and nothing else.
smg914
I did the on line thing here in Florida recently and other than being a pain in the ass, it was better than going to driving school. If I recall correctly, the on-line test takes about 5 hours. In fact the program won't let you take it faster. There were something like 12 different sections/chapters and if they say chapter 1 takes 20 minutes then you cannot submit your answers until the 20 minutes are up. According to the web site, here are the advantages of taking the on-line class (in Florida anyway).

*Avoid having points assigned to their driving record
*Will have their fine reduced by 18%
*Keep their good driver status in the State of Florida
*Reduce the chance of higher insurance premiums
Joe Bob
Musta changed since I took the internet version...I just skipped tot he end of each section answered the questions and was done in 20 minutes....
Flat VW
Traffic School = Adult "time out" IPB Image
redshift
67 in a 45, I took the ticket... damned nice judge... kinda guy who makes you feel good about speeding.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.