Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mirror glass
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grasshopper
Is there a direct replacement for the glass on the drivers side mirror? I'v heard people talking about it but i dont know where to get it.
thanks everyone
McMark
I just had two cut for $20 each at a local glass shop. Let me know if you can't find anywhere to do it and I'll get one done for you. I'd post a picture but it looks like mirror glass. IPB Image
aircooledboy
IPB Image Any auto glass shop should be able to cut you one. Just make sure they use "one way glass" mirror. Regular mirror has the painted backing over the metal layer, which will break down over time. OWG does not have the backing, which makes it more durable for exterior applications.
736conver
Make sure you get the right thickness too. I had mine done at a local glass place and he said he came close. It wasnt close enough. The mirror didnt fit. had another shop with the right stuff.
Should be $5 or less. I think I paid $2 something that was about 5 years ago.
TheCabinetmaker
I make my own, but not everyone has the proper tools and knowledge of glass working to make thier own, so, Take the entire mirror to a competent auto glass shop and they can do it all for you. Then you don't have to worry about breaking in on install. They can also use a slightly tinted mirror if you wish (helps with headlight reflection from behind).

Good luck
scotty914
my trick.... go to your FLAPS, buy a replacement glass for a modern car and cut it to shape. you could even use a convex mirror from a passenger side replacement to make a convex passenger side mirror, thats what i did .... i never said in a previous post my mirror was stock only it was convex IPB Image
boxstr
I have done 10 mirrors at one tiome and they all have different shaped and size glass. I would take your glass in to a glass shop and have them cut to fit.CCLINMIRRORMIRROR
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.