Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for main wiring harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
I am just about finished removing my wiring harness for my project car (oh what fun)!

I am thinking about maybe replacing it, although there are no major problems with it other than it being filthy! But since this will literally be a ground up, nut and bolt, restoration, I might spring for it and replace it.

Does anyone have a lead on where I might acquire a new one (if the price is somewhat reasonable).

914 612 021 17 is the part number. I see that AA has them, but at quite a premium. My local dealer can't get one any longer.

Thanks,

Karl
Brad Roberts
I can get them brand new for 800$.

What does AA want for them ?? I would imagine AA and "me" are getting them from the same place. Let me know.. I'll get you the contact information. I'm sure Jeff Bowlsby knows also.

B
Qarl
Yeah... send me the contact info to my e-mail.

Dirk Wright's Disease is setting in!

Thanks,

Karl
seanery
Karl,

Can you post a big (as big as you have) pic of your avatar?
Qarl
I took this on a trip to Jacksonville. I also met Hurley Haywood. Cool!
seanery
Thanks,

Is that the one Paul Newman wrecked last year at the Rennspeed Reunion?
JeffBowlsby
You got me there Brad...

Maybe AAse Bros, but I dont know where else to even look to get new main harnesses. I have looked into doing them, but it would probably cost about that same amount with all that special color coded wire and the labor. There just is not any interest in them and they rarely are needed, unlike the engine bay harnesses, so it is not justified to do the R&D for them.

Still looking for a 74 main harness myself Karl... cool.gif
Qarl
I don't think this one wrecked. I saw this car in the 24 Hrs of Daytona this year. They have about 3-4 red cars. #59 is their most famous one.

I have more shots if you are interested.
Qarl
Glen Sager has my '74 harness now.
Curvie Roadlover
Hey Karl, even if Seanery isn't interested, I am. Please post what you have.
Thanks,
Tom
seanery
yeah, what Tom said.

There is always interest in historic cars here.
seanery
start a new thread and call it Brumos pics or something....it'll get a lot of hits.
Qarl
Done...

I created the thread and you can downlad the full hi-res versions.

http://www.iepg.com/914/pics

in case you are too lazy to look for the thread! mueba.gif
Curvie Roadlover
Thanks Karl,
Those pics are cool (except the one of the P.O.S. silver tube frame car). wink.gif
seanery
I saw the POS silver car when I was there.
That car is incredibly low. The pictures don't do it justice.
It's sweet, but the battery wasn't charged when I was there
so it didn't start. It's gonna get a 325hp 3.2 twin plug for a while.
Greg Silva
Karl, FWIW about a year or so ago I was considering a new main harness for a '73. PP had one (NOS, I think), but at a price that was twice what Brad is able to offer.
Bleyseng
I checked AA and they are only $1711 for a new one. Maybe they offer a discount to 914World.com members?
Geoff
brant
This won't really help your search for a 1975, but I have a perfect 72 main harness to get rid of, and its really in great shape.

brant
Lawrence
Did you call Stoddard in Ohio?

-Rusty
Qarl
I've tried the following...

Ottos - Yes but $$$$
AA - Yes, but $$$$
Pelican - don't think so
Local P Dealer - no
Mittelmotor - not showing available, but waiting to here.
Stoddard - wainting to here

Regards,

Karl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.