Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: '62 356 on Overhaulin tonight
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dudzy's914
Chip Foose(my idol) and the A-team will suprise a unsuspected 356 owner. @9:00pm Eastern time on Velocity.
Vysoc
Thanks for the Heads Up!!!!

Vysoc flag.gif
steuspeed
I don't get that channel. No wonder I have not seen any new episodes of Overhaulin.
doug_b_928
QUOTE(steuspeed @ Jul 29 2014, 07:39 PM) *

I don't get that channel. No wonder I have not seen any new episodes of Overhaulin.

Me neither sad.gif. Hope somebody posts it online and let's us know.
swooshdave
It was pretty cool. The car was really rough once they got the paint and tons of bondo off.

The rear window was neat but I wish they could have kept the split from Chip's design.

If this was really a S model I wonder how much it would have been worth restored? Might have been worth the effort and cost.

As it was it's a beautiful car now.

http://www.velocity.com/tv-shows/overhauli...the-porsche.htm

http://www.velocity.com/tv-shows/overhauli...the-porsche.htm
CrashDown
Love what Chip did to that car. Made me remember the 23 window bus he did yeas ago.

The oval window off the Bug was a really nice touch.
Cap'n Krusty
The "S" was nothing special. The "1600" had 60HP, more or less, the "S" had 75, and the "Super 90" had 90. The show said the "S" meant "sport", but they're wrong. It means "Super". I wanted to see how they fit those Zenith air cleaners on the Webers, but they never showed that. (Hint: NO WAY they would work.)

The Cap'n
andys
I think the stock wheels and caps looked better on the car. Yeah, I'm thinking the car would be worth more restored to original.

Slightly OT, but did anyone catch his Lotus Europa build? Can't believe he put 18's on that car, but then again it holds true to his MO.

Andys
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jul 29 2014, 11:52 PM) *

The "S" was nothing special. The "1600" had 60HP, more or less, the "S" had 75, and the "Super 90" had 90. The show said the "S" meant "sport", but they're wrong. It means "Super". I wanted to see how they fit those Zenith air cleaners on the Webers, but they never showed that. (Hint: NO WAY they would work.)

The Cap'n

Not so fast Krusty one. A little modifying and 912/356 aircleaners work on Webers great. Picture is a Puma GTI 2275 with DCNF's and I believe 912 boxes on top. Little modification required if I remember correctly. Take up a lot of space, but sure looked nice and factory.

-Root
carr914
Dan, where've you been?
swooshdave
So how much would a restored S coupe go for nowadays?
wndsnd
More desireable is the C or SC with disc brakes.

B coupes maybe 35-50K. More for a Super 90

More for a Sunroof.

John
swooshdave
So in this case the Foose car will be worth at least twice of what a restored one would be, probably more.
john77
Rod Emory of Emory Motorsports helped him build this. I had a tour of his shop last week, really good guy. They had a selection of amazing 356 hot rods sitting around fitted with various 911-4 engines that they build. I never even knew such a thing existed - It's basically a 6 shortened to a 4. The one I heard started life as a 3.6, so was now a 2.4 and sounded absolutely amazing.
arkitect
I cringed when he cut up the oval bug and spliced it in. Don't know how many ovals are still around but Chip loves to modify.

Dave
pete000
Wheels are ugly !
JmuRiz
QUOTE(john77 @ Jul 30 2014, 08:20 PM) *

Rod Emory of Emory Motorsports helped him build this. I had a tour of his shop last week, really good guy. They had a selection of amazing 356 hot rods sitting around fitted with various 911-4 engines that they build. I never even knew such a thing existed - It's basically a 6 shortened to a 4. The one I heard started life as a 3.6, so was now a 2.4 and sounded absolutely amazing.

Check out the Polo Motor (Dean Polopolus). It's a custom case based on a 930 case (I think). Cool engines for the 356 crowd, and one guy put on in his early 912 and loves it.
rick 918-S
The Porsche CW guys seem to try to separate themselves from VW association. Wonder what they think of the bug window?
Chris914n6
Overhaulin S08E01 Veras 1962 Porsche 356 for those lookin for this particular episode.
arkitect
Did anyone get any photos of the finished car they can post?

Dave
Chris914n6
QUOTE(pete000 @ Jul 30 2014, 09:58 PM) *

Wheels are ugly !

Which set? Looks like they filmed the final reveal twice...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.