Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stripe Kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
From 1977 to 1980 I worked for OrigiQip doing dealer aftermarket stuff. Vinyl tops, side molding, sunroofs, tape stripe kits, etc. I remember the tri-color 3M kits this color but I never saw one with the Porsche logo.

I found this photo the other day and it caught my attention. Has anybody seen one of these besides the photo?
Dave_Darling
I believe we had a thread on it a month or two ago. Someone's friend has that car, and is getting it streetable, I think.

--DD
mepstein
Custom by VW porche magazine in the 80's.
I like it.
maf914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 30 2014, 03:34 AM) *

Custom by VW porche magazine in the 80's.
I like it.

Yep. I had those magazine issues with the 914 series. Pre-Internet, it was the only game in town. laugh.gif

And rainbow stripes were the rage. Street cars, Apple sponsored 935 in IMSA, B&B custom Porsches in Germany, Houston Astro uniforms, ...... idea.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 29 2014, 08:17 PM) *

I believe we had a thread on it a month or two ago. Someone's friend has that car, and is getting it streetable, I think.

--DD

'Twas Erc. He had it in his "shop" of horrors
Eric_Shea
The car was getting "un-streetable". Decambered balljoints. Suspension set for auto-x. The owner is a very nice gentleman who can d-r-i-v-e.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.