Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuelk injector tester
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
I'm guessing someone has built a fuel injector tester by now. I have an old Bosch mechanical injector tester and was thingking today about making work on electrical ones, problem is I don't know how much voltage/amperage they get. IPB Image I doubt they get a full 12v, and I really don't want to ruin any trying to find out IPB Image .HELP?
scotty914
yes i built one, not very hard. one way is two build a 5 volt regulator on a switch, the hook it up to the injector, push the button to open the injector. if you are not sure how to build a 5 volt reg search on subtech on the internet they are a rc model sub ( as well as other remote stuff ) place that sells all sorts of electronics, they are currently being disturbuted by mikes sub works, look for the bec or some thing like that. it will supply one amp at five volts with a supply of 8 to 24 volts.

i built one and used it to open my injectors to pump cleaner through em, had the reg very hot to the touch by being open and drawing i think two amps for like 5 mins at a time. never even warmed the injector, but i think they run off of 3 to 4 volts in our cars
McMark
Injectors get about 1.5 volts from the FI, but I've fired them with 12 v without issue. Just add a couple of D cells to your plans to fire the injectors.
DJsRepS
Mine opened with an 9v transistor raido batt.
scotty b
What about pressurizing the incoming fuel? Is it even neccesary or can you just gravity feedit?
scotty914
easy and safe way to get fuel or cleaner through it

buy a fuel bottle for a msr gas stove, there are desinged with gas in mind, drill a hole in the bottom and drop in a screw in tire vavle from the inside, put the nut on and tighten. then drill another hole and install another fitting of choice to hook a fuel line to ( can use another tire valve witht he valve removed ) then just put some gas or carb cleaner like i did in. put the cap on and put 20 lbs of air pressure in the bottle, they hold 100 psi with out a problem.

whats nice about this is you are only dealing with 3 to 30 ozs of fuel ( depending on bottle size and how muck you fill it ) and its completely electric less for spark reasons
McMark
Scott, that sounds like a damn fine idea. I have an old leaky pump mounted to mine, but your way seems much more manageable.
Bruce Allert
I use an old model railroad transformer to open mine. Has AC & DC. The knob will turn either way and voltage is adjustable depending on how much you turn the knob...

Works quite well for $3 IPB Image

....b
r_towle
QUOTE (scott thacher @ Jan 23 2005, 09:38 AM)
easy and safe way to get fuel or cleaner through it

buy a fuel bottle for a msr gas stove, there are desinged with gas in mind, drill a hole in the bottom and drop in a screw in tire vavle from the inside, put the nut on and tighten. then drill another hole and install another fitting of choice to hook a fuel line to ( can use another tire valve witht he valve removed ) then just put some gas or carb cleaner like i did in. put the cap on and put 20 lbs of air pressure in the bottle, they hold 100 psi with out a problem.

whats nice about this is you are only dealing with 3 to 30 ozs of fuel ( depending on bottle size and how muck you fill it ) and its completely electric less for spark reasons

could you show a pic of your, or a pic of the bottle you are talking about....

rich
scotty914
i can get a pic of what i built in a day or two, i dont have it some body else does but here is the bottle at rei.com this one is an 11 oz but IIRC correctly they make em up to 30 ozs

and here is a valve stem that would work a little pricey but it shows what a threeded valve stem looks like
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.