Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB rear trunk spring bars so trunk lid stays up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
rgolia
Really do not know what these things are called, but my trunk lid will not stay up on its own. Back in the 70's the body shop that fixed the rear trunk hinge took a torch to these things to make it easier to put things back together so I do not think I can fix the ones on the car.
bdstone914
QUOTE(rgolia @ Jul 30 2014, 09:34 AM) *

Really do not know what these things are called, but my trunk lid will not stay up on its own. Back in the 70's the body shop that fixed the rear trunk hinge took a torch to these things to make it easier to put things back together so I do not think I can fix the ones on the car.

I have sets of the torsion bars. Shipping would be from California. Will sell them for $20 to cover the time the make a box that will fit.
Bruce
PanelBilly
Mine are weak too. Is there a trick to giving them some more twist or do they just need to be replaced?
rgolia
Thanks Bruce I will send you a PM.
rgolia
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jul 30 2014, 02:27 PM) *

Mine are weak too. Is there a trick to giving them some more twist or do they just need to be replaced?

I think you can re-torque them...I thought I read it in a thread...but mine are too messed up for that.
rhodyguy
billy, what kind of shape are the rollers in?

k

bdstone914
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jul 30 2014, 11:27 AM) *

Pretty sure you need to replace them. They are spring steel. I can check on a second pair for you.

Bruce
914werke
Billy If you can make it to Walker's this WE ill bring a set for you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.