Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crazy 914 Custom
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
race914
Just came across this crazy 914 custom.

Looks to me like "Big Daddy Roth" and George Barris went to the Motherland during Octoberfest and did a project before the pints ran out. How awesome is this custom!. You could fit a 917 motor into this!!

Does anyone have any info on this 914? I'm really curious on it's story, and where it might be now.

Click to view attachment wub.gif

And yes... I want one as my shop truck
carr914
It's a Photoshop - it does not exist
SirAndy
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 30 2014, 10:09 AM) *

agree.gif

Didn't that show up in one of Rick's threads?
idea.gif
JRust

agree.gif If it did T.C would have bought it 2 or 3 times by now poke.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 30 2014, 10:14 AM) *

agree.gif

Didn't that show up in one of Rick's threads?
idea.gif

I thought Rick was going to build one. Maybe that's his? laugh.gif
race914
If it is real, it wouldn't be the first. Just went and dug this up

IPB Image

I think there are a few more 'real' ones based on Hot Wheels...

The 914 does look cool though...

Thanks for the heads up that it's a photo shop.

I thought I saw a UFO once as well, and a 914 Limo... I'll file this 914 with them.. Knowing that all cool things eventually become reality
SirAndy
QUOTE(race914 @ Jul 30 2014, 10:31 AM) *
If it is real

No, it is not real.

Like stated above already. Rick was thinking about making a 914 shop hauler and someone did a quick Photshop of it.
shades.gif
race914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 30 2014, 10:37 AM) *

QUOTE(race914 @ Jul 30 2014, 10:31 AM) *
If it is real

No, it is not real.

Like stated above already. Rick was thinking about making a 914 shop hauler and someone did a quick Photshop of it.
shades.gif

Yup. I know now that it's not real. That's why, as stated above already, I thanked you all for letting me know it's a Photoshop.
CptTripps
you can tell by the reflection on the back. It's clearly stretched.

Although if we can ever get the limo done, I'd vote for this being the next "914 world project"
race914
I'm a huge fan of the 914 Limo too. What a cool imaginative idea. And it's coming to life!

So many cool things come out of that shop. What a talented bunch of guys.

Wish I was closer so I could pitch in when I could, but even though I'm in CA, I'm around 300 miles away.

Maybe I'll see some of you all at the RennWerks Reunion 8/15 in Carmel. If so, I'll buy you a beer. Just ordered my 914World name tag so track me down on my offer.
Cap'n Krusty
"Name tag"? Is that like "Badges" Do we need steenkin' name tags?

The Cap'n
rick 918-S
Ya, Too many other cars ahead of that one. screwy.gif I really dig it though. assimilate.gif
Kansas 914
I remember Rick had someone do some Photoshop of the concept with flares and Porsche rear lights - much better than the Opel GT lights in the Troutman pickup:

Click to view attachment

Original Tail lights in the bumper no flares:

Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Jul 30 2014, 02:29 PM) *

I remember Rick had someone do some Photoshop of the concept with flares and Porsche rear lights - much better than the Opel GT lights in the Troutman pickup:

Click to view attachment

Yep, I have the wheels and the flares for that project. Chappy did the photo shop for me. I'm picking up a car soon. I bought it for the front fenders of my 6. If it's too nice to cut off the front fenders and scrap the rest it may be the big piece of the puzzle.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jul 30 2014, 01:49 PM) *

Yep, I have the wheels and the flares for that project. Chappy did the photo shop for me. I'm picking up a car soon. I bought it for the front fenders of my 6. If it's too nice to cut off the front fenders and scrap the rest it may be the big piece of the puzzle.

popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif

/6?
Tiptronic?
Air conditioning?
Cruise Control?

The ultimate grocery getter!
bzettner
QUOTE(race914 @ Jul 30 2014, 12:06 PM) *

Just came across this crazy 914 custom.

Looks to me like "Big Daddy Roth" and George Barris went to the Motherland during Octoberfest and did a project before the pints ran out. How awesome is this custom!. You could fit a 917 motor into this!!

Does anyone have any info on this 914? I'm really curious on it's story, and where it might be now.

Click to view attachment wub.gif

And yes... I want one as my shop truck

Here's the original pic off of eBay a few years back...photoshopClick to view attachment
Sleepin
So you guys are saying it is a Photoshop??? blink.gif

What about this one?

Kirmizi
Holy Jeebus! Is that a young Slits? blink.gif
Black22
I like this one! Kind of MGB GT'ish

Click to view attachment
swooshdave
QUOTE(Black22 @ Jul 31 2014, 09:17 PM) *

I like this one! Kind of MGB GT'ish

Um, what? blink.gif
Scott S
Ha! Love it - but I think it is far more "Harold and Maude".....
johannes
... more
jmmotorsports
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jul 30 2014, 11:23 AM) *

Ya, Too many other cars ahead of that one. screwy.gif I really dig it though. assimilate.gif

i like this alot
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Kirmizi @ Jul 31 2014, 10:27 PM) *

Holy Jeebus! Is that a young Slits? blink.gif

Dont be silly, SLITS was never young. He has something like Benjamin Button syndrome, but he was born old and stayed that way....he just smells worse every year.
veekry9
Click to view attachment
Late model hot hatch.
Rear glass opens up
More luggage space
fixed roof
cute
kermit green
go ahead,make one,
a Porche-Vagen.
veekry9
Click to view attachment
sort of like this,with an alternate trunkfloor and foldup rear hatch
Slope the rear glass/
Exhaust the engine bay another way.
Retain original fenders/front end.
Stick a wimg thing on the rear roof and you're good to go.
Click to view attachment
Others have blazed a trail before you.
Dave_Darling
The exhaust for the engine cooling air is under the car. It's the intake that's on top. In fact, tuft testing shows that air crawls forward along the rear trunk lid to the engine lid.

--DD
hblyle
Click to view attachment
This is what happens when you cut out all the rust. HaHa
Mark Henry
Impossible, or at least damn uncomfortable, as you have no where to put you feet as it would need wheel wells.
IPB Image

Possible as you sit on top of the wheel well like in a VW bus.

IPB Image
veekry9
Click to view attachment
As a drawing it looks swell,a 4/6 cyl cab-forward p/u.Cramped,but tht's ok,it's all about the haulin.He made a nice beltline across the tops of the ww so it all fits and who could say the targa curve doesn't look "right".He's adde a nice step to the boxtop to give it some height and raked the tailgate's top to aeroit out.The front glass is a wide sloped expanse that reaches down low to near the top of the rubber bumper.Lose the side wartlamp and add a few simple bodylines ,it'll look just right.You still retain the targa top so you have allweather ops with possible 4x4 drive.Add a custom set of 17"4-Fuchs+++.Start with a rustout chassis and go to-it,a nice +2ft stretch to give it purpose.Be your own Barris,in the land of SoCalCustoms it would no doubt turn out real smooth,Ricardo Montalban smooth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsg97bxuJnc

tomeric914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Aug 30 2014, 12:52 PM) *

Impossible, or at least damn uncomfortable, as you have no where to put you feet as it would need wheel wells.
IPB Image

Build it with a single centrally located seat and a flip out front end blink.gif

IPB Image

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.