Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vintage Carroll Shelby wheels 15x7
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1stworks
So I scored some Carroll Shelby wheels for my 914 . Iam looking to refurbish them.
The rims have been in shed for 20+ years. They look good but I'd like then to look new.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

So how and what to clean them with?

What lug nuts and washers to use?

Anyone have any experience with these, had a hard time finding any info on them?

Thanks
1stworks
More pictures.

IPB Image

IPB Image

rubber NT05

IPB Image

The only info I could find was a picture of one on scale at 9 lbs and a vintage add for CS wheels.

Thanks for any info.
race914
Very Nice!

Great Score.

I have no specific info or experience with these but definitely not the factory lug bolts. Lug seats are flat.

I went through the whole lug nut thing with our Boxster when I bought aftermarket wheels... Ball Seat, Conical and then what size, etc....
ConeDodger
I bought a set new in the '80s for my 240Z. They're long gone but I recall they were under $100 each and certainly not 9#. FYI, 9# is world class light. These would more likely be in the 16# range.
I believe they had a polished lip with a clear coat and mine were painted gold on the spokes. They are a Minilite copy. Some other company made them for the CS brand. I don't really think they're worth much but having the center caps helps. Most would be long - long gone...
Mine had an acorn like nut with an integral washer and a shaft that centered the nut in the lug hole.
Hope they meet your needs! biggrin.gif
race914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 31 2014, 12:37 PM) *

I bought a set new in the '80s for my 240Z. They're long gone but I recall they were under $100 each and certainly not 9#. FYI, 9# is world class light. These would more likely be in the 16# range.
I believe they had a polished lip with a clear coat and mine were painted gold on the spokes. They are a Minilite copy. Some other company made them for the CS brand. I don't really think they're worth much but having the center caps helps. Most would be long - long gone...
Mine had an acorn like nut with an integral washer and a shaft that centered the nut in the lug hole.

I have a set of old American Racing 200S. And they have the same type lug nut. Washer and a collar that goes into the wheel. Not my wheels, but here's a pic. Anyway, since a few wheels used that style lug nut hopefully you can find some.

Thanks for sparking my memory ConeDoger.

Click to view attachment

1stworks
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 31 2014, 01:37 PM) *

Thanks for the info!

I love the style and for us narrow body guys 15x7 is a magic number.
Need to get them cleaned and decided if I want to repaint.
Love the gold :-) and kinda cool to have unique set wheels.
1stworks

I have a set of old American Racing 200S. And they have the same type lug nut. Washer and a collar that goes into the wheel. Not my wheels, but here's a pic. Anyway, since a few wheels used that style lug nut hopefully you can find some.

Thanks for sparking my memory ConeDoger.

Click to view attachment
[/quote]

Thanks for info.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.