Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Major call out
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
d914
Today after 8 years my car made noise..!!!! This would not have happen without the help, management and direct involvement of Bob Bischoff!! Otherwise known as bigkat83..

Lots of cursing, shaking of his head, and damn it I'll just do it my self along with many hours putting up with all my noise has gotten it this far...My major skills involve dreaming and buying parts! Bob has the unique skills and vision to find the right bolt the first time, know what fab part will work and look like it belonged there..

My car can now actually see the light at the end of the tunnel .. Brakes, exhaust and de-bugging the engine.

Bob's help and friendship have been instrumental in this project.. It's truly been a life experience and I can't wait to chase one of bob's machines down the road .

Click to view attachment
naro914
chase him to Okteenerfest... poke.gif
d914
Trying ! Travel and life keep getting in the way. I now live 900 miles away from the car !
Chris H.
Awesome! Can't wait to see it in person some day. I'm shooting for Okteenerfest too.

Bob has really helped me too. He's spent hours talking me through stuff. With his high skill level I don't see how he has the patience to put up with all of our questions, but he does.
d914
Click to view attachment

DBCooper
Aww, now that you shined the light on him he's exposed and everybody knows. A really good guy. Excellent. Well done, Bob, really well done.

And the car looks great. Love the paint and wheels, make the car look purposeful and nasty.
BIGKAT_83
Thanks Greg.......now I got a big head. I have really tricked Greg into doing most of the work. (wax on wax off).
This started with welding in a Englman stiffing kit and went from there to this. Here are a few more pictures.
The wheels are the new Euromiester 17"x 8 and 9. They are really nice and seem to be lighter than the rota's in the same size. Plus if you by them from Automation on a holiday weekend you can get a 20% discount and it makes them about $600 for a set of 4.
Here are a few pictures of some of the things WE have done.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Chris H.
Well, now I FOR SURE can't sell the flares that are coming from Jamie...seeing those wheels....that's phase 2! What are you running Greg? 8's and 9's? Wonder how well the paddles and lip would polish up.... idea.gif
Justinp71
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Aug 1 2014, 06:43 AM) *

Thanks Greg.......now I got a big head. I have really tricked Greg into doing most of the work. (wax on wax off).
This started with welding in a Englman stiffing kit and went from there to this. Here are a few more pictures.
The wheels are the new Euromiester 17"x 8 and 9. They are really nice and seem to be lighter than the rota's in the same size. Plus if you by them from Automation on a holiday weekend you can get a 20% discount and it makes them about $600 for a set of 4.
Here are a few pictures of some of the things WE have done.

They look great! What did you do for spacers and tires in the front? Do they rub at all? I was running 17's in the front for awhile and they would rub on occasion, I think part of the problem was I was running 205/50's on the front, where as a 45 series tire probably would have been better.
d914
17 x8s I think et 23 no rub but I have over sized flares.. No spacers.. I might add a 15mm for a little extra track
76-914
Bob is the God Father of Suby conversions! piratenanner.gif
BuddyV
QUOTE(d914 @ Jul 31 2014, 02:38 PM) *

Today after 8 years my car made noise..!!!! This would not have happen without the help, management and direct involvement of Bob Bischoff!! Otherwise known as bigkat83..

Lots of cursing, shaking of his head, and damn it I'll just do it my self along with many hours putting up with all my noise has gotten it this far...My major skills involve dreaming and buying parts! Bob has the unique skills and vision to find the right bolt the first time, know what fab part will work and look like it belonged there..

My car can now actually see the light at the end of the tunnel .. Brakes, exhaust and de-bugging the engine.

Bob's help and friendship have been instrumental in this project.. It's truly been a life experience and I can't wait to chase one of bob's machines down the road .

Click to view attachment

...... the idea of fasterning on flares is growing on me. Wicked look. Certainly not period correct.... but what on my car is anymore?

Thanks for the pics - and congrats on the progress!

Cheers!
d914
One more pic,, the original plan was for AL race seats and we moved the seat support bar forward fore a little room. While I have them I figured on the street they would be a bit of a pain . I ended up with a extra set of c4seats and threw them into the car on a lark and they grew on me .. Comfortable, has a little hot rod action going for them and they fit!!!!!

Click to view attachment
Brett W
Congrats Greg, glad to see one of us is making good progress. Maybe one day my Suby conversion will see the same light of day yours just did.

How fast is it?
okieflyr
Great news Greg as this has been a long time coming.
Bob is THE man when it comes to creative conversions first.gif .
The best part is there is no longer a state inspection when you get the car to Oklahoma poke.gif
jim_hoyland
Great story ! Now drive it with a smile.gif .......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.