Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: warped door panale fix
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wes
As it gos Im spending to much on my car and am wondering if anyone has tried to bring a warped door panel back, it's not very bad and I was thinking that if I sprayed just enough water on and pressed it flat on till it dried would it possibly come back or just warp more.Click to view attachment
wes
Wow, I must be the only one!
rgalla9146
Yes, I've done what you suggest on Isetta interior panels.
Those were pretty thin cardboard , much thinner than 914 door panels but I got decent results. Not perfect but better than they were.
I'd suggest liberal water, two large flat surfaces to make a sandwich and weights to apply pressure.
Put the whole package in the sun to promote drying.
If possible use a perforated metal panel on the board side to allow evaporation.
wes
Thanks just need to here from another as mine is only on the drivers side and not to bad, also right in the area of a missing clip so I'm thinking with the new clip hopefully it will be ok.hopefully
johannes
I used steam iron.

914GT
I've also used the steam iron as Johannes did, followed by letting them sit with weights on top overnight until completely dry. When flat and straight I apply a couple coats to both sides (vinyl removed) with waterbased clear polyurethane. This helps waterproof them so they don't warp again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.